PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opera Mobile versions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29589)

theevilmonkee 06-18-2008 12:06 PM

Opera Mobile versions

Are these two links the exact same build for Opera Mobile? If not, which is the most recent?

This one

and

This one

Thanks for your time.

nmhusa 06-18-2008 12:17 PM

Re: Opera Mobile versions

I think the second one is the newer one.

Shavkat 06-18-2008 12:54 PM

Try Opera MINI!
It's more faster and confortable!
It's good for Traffic too!

syanni85 06-18-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shavkat (Post 318479)
Try Opera MINI!
It's more faster and confortable!
It's good for Traffic too!

i have problems uploading files to here and xda with opera mini..

opera mini basically takes a "picture" of the site and lets you view it... it won't load the entire site the way opera mobile and IE do... its great if you just like to read, but if you need a website which uses some basic flash or current updating, opera mini won't cut it...

mini IS REALLY FAST if you are just browsing for written information.

I flip between the 2 for different needs

syanni85 06-18-2008 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by theevilmonkee (Post 318437)
Are these two links the exact same build for Opera Mobile? If not, which is the most recent?

This one

and

This one

Thanks for your time.

just downloaded the 2nd one and you need the qvgaskin if you don't have vga or else its abnormally huge on the screen

here's the qvga compatible version i have, i believe its also the newest build 1126... works great

bedoig 06-18-2008 01:18 PM

I didn't check the links, but the file that syanni85 posted is definetly the one you want. Newest build, QVGA skin, uninstallable, and it won't take over every HTML link on your phone.

pg2k3 06-18-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syanni85 (Post 318483)
i have problems uploading files to here and xda with opera mini..

opera mini basically takes a "picture" of the site and lets you view it... it won't load the entire site the way opera mobile and IE do... its great if you just like to read, but if you need a website which uses some basic flash or current updating, opera mini won't cut it...

mini IS REALLY FAST if you are just browsing for written information.

I flip between the 2 for different needs

Though 9.5 slower than Opera Mini I still appreciate that the the pages im viewing is not being sent through a second proxy server (Sprints is enough). At least Sprints compression servers dont strip the webpages of AJAX, Flash, Javascript, Etc.

syanni85 06-18-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pg2k3 (Post 318518)
Though 9.5 slower than Opera Mini I still appreciate that the the pages im viewing is not being sent through a second proxy server (Sprints is enough). At least Sprints compression servers dont strip the webpages of AJAX, Flash, Javascript, Etc.

in the best words i've seen yet!

This is why i won't leave sprint for another carrier, they truely have the best internet/data on the market!

Thanks pg2k3

syanni85 06-18-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyawnko (Post 319008)
i gotta quick question,

given their abilities, what do you think is a more promising browser,

Opera Mobile, or SkyFire?

last time i used opera mobile, it killed my rammmmm.

n i kept having to soft reset.

well aparently the OFFICIAL release of opera mobile9.5 will enable full java support so you can view flash sites like youtube in desktop form.... i like the feel of opera mobile, but for now its skyfire, unless the official 9.5 opera actually has that full support.

theevilmonkee 06-19-2008 09:32 PM

Well I just installed the new one that Syanni85 sent, and it has many flaws that the one that I had didn't.

FLAWS:

-When I try to type an address, the address bar closes and I have to keep on re-opening the toolbar which is very annoying.

-It is much slower.

-The favorites menu isn't as easy to use as the other.

-When I do the touch screen equivalent of "right click" and select "landscape mode", it goes the opposite landscape than the QWERTY keyboard is.

-Sites like hotmail that did work on my old version do not work.

-Many other flaws.

How come people like this more than the old one?