PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Request... Anybody want to help me with this?

Ok, so I purchased one of these (http://www.semsons.com/2miusband3st.html) for my Mogul. Although it says it doesn't work with the newest ROM for the Mogul. Another friendly user (Yankee36, told me it works... just have to do step by step. You have to start the stream, plug this in, then plug in the headphone jack. I love this thing for what it does... it now gives me Sirius in my other car and Slingbox audio through my car speakers. As well... speakerphone through my car speakers.

Here lies the problem and the help I really need. Anytime I get an email, text, phone call, or even switch stations on Sirius, it stops the audio coming out of the speakers. So I then have to unplug everything and start the procedure all over again. Would anyone be willing to try to figure out a Reg Edit, or just a fix for this? This thing is truly awesome, I just am already annoyed by having to keep starting over the process... and I've only had it for one day. I just want to be able to plug it in in any order, as well, not need to have to unplug everything, if I'm interrupted by a call, email, text, changing stations, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated. Would anyone know what the "charge port" would be called and where it would be located in the registry? I might mess around with it through PHM_RegEdit, but I don't know where to start.

Again... THANKS!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: Request... Anybody want to help me with this?

I believe a 3.5mm adapter was included in the original box the titan comes in - try using that...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
I believe a 3.5mm adapter was included in the original box the titan comes in - try using that...

Nope... mine only came with a splitter to plug in the stock headphones and a charger in it... hence, why I spent the $5 on this...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
Nope... mine only came with a splitter to plug in the stock headphones and a charger in it... hence, why I spent the $5 on this...
I don't have mine next to me but I coulda sworn it was a 2.5mm?

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

There was more than one adapter in the box, I believe one of them was a 3.5mm adapter....
Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

My original Verizon one was a y cable with a 2.5 splitter. I like the idea of having a 3.5 much better.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's a 2.5 that comes with it.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

strawsy is a n00b

It comes with a 2.5mm and a 3.5mm.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

2.5... 3.5... I'm tellin ya... mine didn't come with it... hence... why I need help with the above stated.

So please... any help on that, and less discussion on if or what it came with is appreciated!!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

It was a 2.5 that came with mine... However it has to do with how the adapter is wired and how the newer rom treats the connection. There is a schematic floating around with the pinout of the HTC ext usb port that explains the problem. It has to do with the wiring inside the audio side of the jack one of them is shorting with the other ( the way the new rom interprets it) The work around is to go into your ext usb on the adapter and remove 1 pin from the header or to push it back and out of the way so it will not short out. This will lwt you do what you want and you can connect in any order and the audio will come out all the time no matter what order you plug the wires up. Give me some time to find the post over on xda and i will link you to it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan