PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

skylor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan Won't Boot

I downloaded the JD costum rom for the HTC Titan. I followed the instruction to the tee. However, now when I turn on the pda the htc splash screen comes on and stays on. It won't move from that screen. Is there any way to re-flash the rom and get past that screen.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IBGregR is a n00b
Re: Titan Won't Boot

Have you tried pulling out your battery for a minute or two? That has been known to solve booting issues.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skylor is a n00b

Yes, I took the battery out for about 3 to 5 minutes. Tried to do a hard reset and a soft reset. I attempted to hook it up to the pc and sync it with activesync as well. But that HTC splash screen still comes up and stays up. Is there another way to fix this?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylor View Post
I downloaded the JD costum rom for the HTC Titan. I followed the instruction to the tee. However, now when I turn on the pda the htc splash screen comes on and stays on. It won't move from that screen. Is there any way to re-flash the rom and get past that screen.
have you tryed flashing another rom

Last edited by s4n3_0n3; 06-17-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skylor is a n00b

When I hook the titan to my pc it is not recognized. There is no chime from Windows acknowledging it has been connected and activesync does not initiate. I will try to flash with another rom though.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

you need to put the phone in boot loader (tricolor screen) power+cam+reset, then plug it into the pc. or you could load off the sd card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe38
You all asked for an Upgrades forum, so please use it!

If you have a question that has anything to do with upgrading your ROM or Radio it should be posted in the Upgrades forum.

Lately all we seem to find are threads asking these types of questions that end up being moved there.

Please be sure to read and search that forum before creating a new thread as many people are already discussing the amazing work done by our members!

Thanks for understanding.
many stickies at the top to help with your issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skylor is a n00b

Update...First, let me give thanks to you guys for your help today, especially shaggylive. The power+cam+reset worked and I was able to get back to the Tricolor screen. However, I tried to flash with the same rom I originally wanted to use which lead me to the whole titan won't boot issue. Now I am in the process of finding another rom to use. I'll get back to you guys with the results.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skylor is a n00b

Ok, so I attempted to use a few other roms to flash the device with, and each time I used a different rom I either receive the error message "image error. please check image." or the load progress screen will appear on the pc but the pda remains at the Tricolor screen. The only rom that seems to work is the original rom whereby the pda will actually move from the Tricolor screen and actually shows a working load progress screen when prompted.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

skylor is a n00b

By the way, even after I flash the device with the original JD rom the screen still goes back to the HTC splash screen and stays there.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylor View Post
Ok, so I attempted to use a few other roms to flash the device with, and each time I used a different rom I either receive the error message "image error. please check image." or the load progress screen will appear on the pc but the pda remains at the Tricolor screen. The only rom that seems to work is the original rom whereby the pda will actually move from the Tricolor screen and actually shows a working load progress screen when prompted.
I don't know what kind of rom you are trying to install but did you install the RADIO ROM first and then the Operating system rom?

Go into the Tri Color screen and once you establish a USB connection ( active sync won't turn on and that is ok) and install the Radio Software and once that is done install the Operating system ROM.

But you should look into the proper steps into how to flash a ROM before doing this big step. Because once you brick your phone your screwed.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Last edited by c@rL0$; 06-17-2008 at 05:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan