PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
Cab - Common Tweaks All in One 10/29/07

I made a cab with commonly used tweaks and can be used for WM5 and WM6

The Tweaks include

Speed up reg tweaks (cache size)
The increased speed in IE tweaks (connection tweaks)
Upped the size limitation in Arcsoft MMS to 512kb
Disabled "Message Sent" Notifications

This is for keeping most people out of their registry and keeping it automated. this is esp. useful to the folks who did the update to the new windows version via sprint update.

Update - now includes battery life tweaks....
Attached Files
File Type: zip wm6sp0.1tweaks.zip (1.0 KB, 449 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip wm6sp0.1plusbatterytweaks.zip (1.3 KB, 629 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sprintdude07; 10-29-2007 at 09:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Nice work sprintdude07. But FYI, bt is definitely *not* a registry fix for the titan.

- DogGuy
Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
Thanks! You should include the power saving tweaks as well. codyppc already made a tweaks cab, are any of the tweaks from his repeated in this? Check it out at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10507.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom
Threadstarter

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
codyppc cab is designed specifically for battery and performance, mines is for commonly used items. the speed settings are included but this one is more in tune mostly with the usual stuff most people use. I will include the battery life entries later today, so you can uninstall and reinstall it. as far the BT issue concerned... i guess that's a mixed bag, i havent had any problems with my bluetooth, but at the same time i dont use it much anyway.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
thanks for posting sprintdude. these will come in handy for some folks. i may make this a sticky.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
ppc 6800 hacks is good but i missed the command hacks cab i had with my 6700
Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
wow, and i cant belive he got a sticky.

reg edits are nice all cabed up, but no one is going to want the same edits as the next guy. nice job though. you chould give some details to what exact reg changes are done with which cab. this could get more hits. i know i would like to know what it changes. plus i think the idea of having a remover for the edits is a good idea. sometimes there are conflicts and people want to change the reg back.

i would recomend a few cabs instead of an all in one. keep things seperated so people could choose what thay wanted.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
wow, and i cant belive he got a sticky.

reg edits are nice all cabed up, but no one is going to want the same edits as the next guy. nice job though. you chould give some details to what exact reg changes are done with which cab. this could get more hits. i know i would like to know what it changes. plus i think the idea of having a remover for the edits is a good idea. sometimes there are conflicts and people want to change the reg back.

i would recomend a few cabs instead of an all in one. keep things seperated so people could choose what thay wanted.

send him a PM cody and help him out. if you guys collaborated on these type of things, you guys would make peoples lives so simple and i can sticky one huge thread instead of several.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Great idea, but I'm surprised this got stickied, as well, considering how marginalized one could see some of these. The latter two, for instance, don't apply to a LOT of us, as I've never cared about the Arcsoft MMS, and I use codyppc's awesome threaded SMS app instead of the built-in one, so I never get those notifications.

Good work, and useful stuff for some, yes, but this one just doesn't make sense to me to be something "everyone" needs, especially with only a few tweaks in it.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i was going to start a thread called "get your cab here" and let users request the edits they wanted. bigmatt pmed me and got his request filled... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10391

i am not in compition with anyone. if sprint dude wants to do it thats great. it's all about helping others. with that if you (sprint dude) needs help.... pm or aim me and i'll help. if he / you (sprintdude) understand making cabs, which he seems to understand, it really pretty easy.

big matt put his request in the Pocket PC Registry Tweaks section, which is where i should have put my Battery & Performance hacks cab.

anyway i can help out just let me know. with out going through the entire reg hacks thread, it's hard to know what exactlly people want. what to bundel together.

cody
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan