PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!
Carrier: Verizon

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does the new rom3.56.651.0 support internal GPS

Hello,
  • Does the new rom from HTC for Sprint's Titan 3.56.651.0 released yesterday allow the internal GPS to work on the All-Tell PPC 6800?
  • What's the best way to backup the original rom in case things don't so you can switch back to the old rom?
  • Anybody add this new rom to the All-Tell version HTC PPC 6800 yet? Just nervous on flashing to this new rom without reading some feedback, new to this customizing my phone.
  • What version of the HTC customizer would everyone recommend for the ALL-TELL PPC 6800, I noticed there are a few versions out here.
Thanks for all the posting here, really lot's of awesome custom phones! Lots of awesome tips and help here on this site...

Cheers,
Azbobs
Old 07-22-2008, 02:43 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Does the new rom3.56.651.0 support internal GPS

If all you want is GPS, just download the latest Alltel one then flash a nice no2chem or learn to cook your own WM 6.1 like I did. My phone is stable and has GPS. There is even a cab around to make GPS work on the latest Alltel ROM and doing some searching around will let you find it.

I think the Sprint ROM I had flashed for a short while fubared my roaming on Sprint towers now I can't get on at all when roaming on them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info I don't want to mess up my roaming. I guess i will do some more searching to find the cab that wil make the GPs work, sounds better then taking he chance an ssin up my roaming. Sooner or later All-Tell will get aound to putting out the WM 6.1.

The version I have for my PPC-6800 is:
WM 6.0
rom version:3.35.671.9
radio version:03.37.20

Thanks Again,
Azbobs
Old 07-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbobs View Post
Thanks for the info I don't want to mess up my roaming. I guess i will do some more searching to find the cab that wil make the GPs work, sounds better then taking he chance an ssin up my roaming. Sooner or later All-Tell will get aound to putting out the WM 6.1.

WM 6.0

Thanks Again,
Azbobs
Azbobs, all you'll need is the cab file with the set up you currently have. I have working GPS with the same radio and ROM version that you have listed.

I've attached the file that I used to get GPS working on my phone. You'll also have to change your "location setting"

Settings>Phone>Services>Location Settings
make sure it's set to "ON"

Hope this helps ya out

-Keir-
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_GPS_Enable_for_Titan_3.35.zip (75.4 KB, 148 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

i have had alltel gps for months, due to custom roms, try cooking ur own rom. ppckitchen rocks is all i can say
Old 07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would flash your own ROM. Use the cab though that was attached above. I've found that it works after flashing No2Chem 5066.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just wanted to thank Keir333 for the zip and will post back soon as I can check to see if this worked on my phone too! All-Tell internet service has been down the past 2 days now in Phoenix, Az. Called and they say they are having tower issue, go figure. So, I am looking forward to when they finally get the service backup so I can try this out. All-Tell has the worst service wish I had signed up with another service but I am now locked in for 2 years minus a few weeks.

I do like the new phone but wish the phone has more memory seems to lock up when I have touch commander and winter face running with spb menu the memory gets down to 5.5mb. I have to make sure and shut down app's or it will hang and then I have to soft reboot. I will tweak and read here on ppc geeks and sure to find some more tips.

Also thanks to shellguy & MrObvious for your input as well.

Cheers to all,
azbobs
Old 07-24-2008, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post
Azbobs, all you'll need is the cab file with the set up you currently have. I have working GPS with the same radio and ROM version that you have listed.

I've attached the file that I used to get GPS working on my phone. You'll also have to change your "location setting"

Hope this helps ya out

-Keir-
Hello Keir333,

Just a follow up the cab loaded okay but is not working on my PPC-6800 Alltell

WM 6.0

I checked and the settings is on

Settings>system>External GPS> program>
GPS Program : port 4

Settings>system>External GPS> hardware>
GPS hardware port: none
Baud Rate: 4800

Settings>system>External GPS>Access>
The manaul GPS automatically is : checked
this is on as well.

Any idea's let me know TIA....
Back to the drawing board. Would cook the rom but hate to void the warranty just got this phone....

Cheers,
Azbobs
Old 07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Tried giving it an hour and I even went outside and stood still no go, any thoughts?

TIA,

Cheers,
Azbobs
Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Did you try soft resetting after installing the cab? Maybe try a hard reset and reinstall the cab?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan