PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

Broncobulldog07 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Mogul bootup stuck on GGreen windows screen!!

For the last 2-3 weeks my mogul has been restarting randomly (in its case, in mid call, just holding it in my hand). I went to mexico on vacation last week and the phone was very slugish, I restarted it, it did not give that initial vibrate and went to a layered screen of colors with the word serial at the bottom. I left the battery out for a day and a half trying to turn it on every once in awhile, it finally did boot up and was fine for 2 days. On the plane ride home it got very sluggish so I restarted it and now it hangs at the Green windows screen. My computer won't recognize or sync to it when I plug it in.

Any ideas or help is appriciated

Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Threadstarter

Broncobulldog07 is a n00b
Re: Mogul bootup stuck on GGreen windows screen!!

Went by the sprint store today. The guy did a Hard reset it took forever but it did boot up, but still very slugish.

He gave me a brand New Mogul for $59 he said since there was not any water or drop damage he could do that even though I had no insurance. YEAH SPRINT
Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 aka The Mogul (HTC Titan) + My Brother's Old 6700 (Apache)
Carrier: Sprint

williscool is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobulldog07 View Post
Went by the sprint store today. The guy did a Hard reset it took forever but it did boot up, but still very slugish.

He gave me a brand New Mogul for $59 he said since there was not any water or drop damage he could do that even though I had no insurance. YEAH SPRINT
dude you should really get insurance... $5 bucks a month and that would have been free.

Especially if you like to do stuff with your phone like flashing... if you brick it and sprint finds a way to weasel out... you would be holding you very own $300+ paper weight
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

While you did happen to get lucky with the rep that you talked to, I also would recommend that you get insurance. It pays itself off the first time you need a replacement...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan