PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Titan Won't Boot (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29471)

skylor 06-17-2008 10:39 AM

Titan Won't Boot

I downloaded the JD costum rom for the HTC Titan. I followed the instruction to the tee. However, now when I turn on the pda the htc splash screen comes on and stays on. It won't move from that screen. Is there any way to re-flash the rom and get past that screen.

IBGregR 06-17-2008 10:50 AM

Re: Titan Won't Boot

Have you tried pulling out your battery for a minute or two? That has been known to solve booting issues.

skylor 06-17-2008 11:37 AM

Yes, I took the battery out for about 3 to 5 minutes. Tried to do a hard reset and a soft reset. I attempted to hook it up to the pc and sync it with activesync as well. But that HTC splash screen still comes up and stays up. Is there another way to fix this?

s4n3_0n3 06-17-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylor (Post 317328)
I downloaded the JD costum rom for the HTC Titan. I followed the instruction to the tee. However, now when I turn on the pda the htc splash screen comes on and stays on. It won't move from that screen. Is there any way to re-flash the rom and get past that screen.

have you tryed flashing another rom

skylor 06-17-2008 02:04 PM

When I hook the titan to my pc it is not recognized. There is no chime from Windows acknowledging it has been connected and activesync does not initiate. I will try to flash with another rom though.

shaggylive 06-17-2008 02:29 PM

you need to put the phone in boot loader (tricolor screen) power+cam+reset, then plug it into the pc. or you could load off the sd card.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pipe38
You all asked for an Upgrades forum, so please use it!

If you have a question that has anything to do with upgrading your ROM or Radio it should be posted in the Upgrades forum.

Lately all we seem to find are threads asking these types of questions that end up being moved there.

Please be sure to read and search that forum before creating a new thread as many people are already discussing the amazing work done by our members!

Thanks for understanding.

many stickies at the top to help with your issue.

skylor 06-17-2008 05:04 PM

Update...First, let me give thanks to you guys for your help today, especially shaggylive. The power+cam+reset worked and I was able to get back to the Tricolor screen. However, I tried to flash with the same rom I originally wanted to use which lead me to the whole titan won't boot issue. Now I am in the process of finding another rom to use. I'll get back to you guys with the results.

skylor 06-17-2008 05:29 PM

Ok, so I attempted to use a few other roms to flash the device with, and each time I used a different rom I either receive the error message "image error. please check image." or the load progress screen will appear on the pc but the pda remains at the Tricolor screen. The only rom that seems to work is the original rom whereby the pda will actually move from the Tricolor screen and actually shows a working load progress screen when prompted.

skylor 06-17-2008 05:34 PM

By the way, even after I flash the device with the original JD rom the screen still goes back to the HTC splash screen and stays there.

c@rL0$ 06-17-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylor (Post 317780)
Ok, so I attempted to use a few other roms to flash the device with, and each time I used a different rom I either receive the error message "image error. please check image." or the load progress screen will appear on the pc but the pda remains at the Tricolor screen. The only rom that seems to work is the original rom whereby the pda will actually move from the Tricolor screen and actually shows a working load progress screen when prompted.

I don't know what kind of rom you are trying to install but did you install the RADIO ROM first and then the Operating system rom?

Go into the Tri Color screen and once you establish a USB connection ( active sync won't turn on and that is ok) and install the Radio Software and once that is done install the Operating system ROM.

But you should look into the proper steps into how to flash a ROM before doing this big step. Because once you brick your phone your screwed.