PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

Grefyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Mogul is driving me insane.

I have a _BIG_ problem with my Sprint Mogul. When it’s on battery power it constantly locks up. It appears to do this whenever it goes into sleep mode. Once it does this it requires a reset to get it started again. I have tried to turn off the power saving functions to no avail. No matter what I do it goes into suspend and locks up. Like clockwork it does this when the phone is idle for 4 mins on battery power.

I have tried to reflash the rom, strip off software. Nothing seems to work.

I am at a loss. I love what the phone does, and I love everything about it except for this lock up issue. Having a phone that requires me to sit plugged in sort of makes my mobile phone rather immobile. I am about to through this thing thru the window.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My Mogul is driving me insane.

Only thing I can recommend if you're tried flashing/hard reset would be to get a new one from insurance... Take it to a local Sprint Store and show them the problem, and they should replace the phone for you, or give you a number to call to get a new one shipped to you.

There seems to be quite a few quirks with the Mogul, though once they're fixed (replaced or otherwise), the phone is great. I've actually had one Mogul replaced already, after the first week and a half. It developed the bright spot in the bottom corner of the screen. Got a new one about a month ago, and it's worked perfect ever since.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grefyne View Post
I have a _BIG_ problem with my Sprint Mogul. When it’s on battery power it constantly locks up. It appears to do this whenever it goes into sleep mode. Once it does this it requires a reset to get it started again. I have tried to turn off the power saving functions to no avail. No matter what I do it goes into suspend and locks up. Like clockwork it does this when the phone is idle for 4 mins on battery power.

I have tried to reflash the rom, strip off software. Nothing seems to work.

I am at a loss. I love what the phone does, and I love everything about it except for this lock up issue. Having a phone that requires me to sit plugged in sort of makes my mobile phone rather immobile. I am about to through this thing thru the window.

PLEASE HELP!!!
This is often a symptom of a mismatch among your Bootloader, ROM, and radio. What version of each are you running?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Grefyne is a n00b

I have tried hard resets.. nothing.

ROM version: 3.49.NO2.5066

Radio Version: 3.35.04

Bootloader: TITA100 MFG
SLP-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9
Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have tried hard resets.. nothing.

ROM version: 3.49.NO2.5066

Radio Version: 3.35.04

Bootloader: TITA100 MFG
SLP-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9
Did you remove the battery, wait a minute, reinsert the battery and hard reset after flashing the ROM? If so, the only other possibility I am aware of is HTC Home, which I have read can sometimes cause this problem.

If nothing else works, flash back to the official, released, OEM ROM package from the HTC site (3.35) and see if that fixes the problem.

HTC/Sprint ROM Download and Instructions

Quote:
Having a phone that requires me to sit plugged in sort of makes my mobile phone rather immobile. I am about to through this thing thru the window.

PLEASE HELP!!!
You are currently running an operating system (ROM) that was customized by a user from a leaked test program...when you encounter problems with it (and you have to expect to), do not blame, or get frustrated with, the device.

Last edited by bakntyme; 06-17-2008 at 01:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan