PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

buckguin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
External Antennas/Amplifiers/etc

I have 2 bars in some places in my room but also have no service in others. Texts are getting impossible to send there anymore. I used to have average service here so I dont know what changed. Anyways..

What can I use to boast the service, if only just in a single room at the least. I know nothing about things to do that. Im not looking for something super expensive, ideas??
Old 06-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Re: External Antennas/Amplifiers/etc

i know my 6700 has a little internal antenna adapter... you pop off this rubber stopper and underneath is a female connector. I bought a Wifi antenna with a multi-adapter that lets me connect to my 6700. I use it when im in my basement, i have the antenna stuck on the wall and it works great. It can be taken around when i need it. Its a very strange antenna... it doesnt need any extra power and it almost looks like a flat microphone or something. But check yours for a small internal antenna adapter.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

Have you thought about buying a antenna booster from walmart?Its just a strip about the size of a listern strip that goes behind your batter..Never used one but a few of my friends sa they work..
Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

The antenna boosters are snake oil. There's no way for them to do anything to the signal. Here's a pretty comprehensive test of them
Old 06-16-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

WOW!!!!!Jimnutt just schooled me!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

5tryk3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
i know my 6700 has a little internal antenna adapter... you pop off this rubber stopper and underneath is a female connector. I bought a Wifi antenna with a multi-adapter that lets me connect to my 6700. I use it when im in my basement, i have the antenna stuck on the wall and it works great. It can be taken around when i need it. Its a very strange antenna... it doesnt need any extra power and it almost looks like a flat microphone or something. But check yours for a small internal antenna adapter.
Can you tell me where you found this at I would like to look into it as an option for my basement as i get no signal in it either.

Carrier:
U.S. Cellular
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
Great idea. The Titan/Mogul has the internal antenna adapter, as do other HTC's I've used in the past. Where did you find the Wifi antenna with mult-adapter? I'd like to pick one up myself.

Thanks,
Doc
Old 06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

epsilon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to epsilon Send a message via MSN to epsilon

well if you want to drop about $150 you can do what i did and get a wi-ex wireless extender. http://www.wi-ex.com/Page3427.aspx
no wires to plug in to your phone at all. it has 2 antennas 1 for out side 1 for inside it repeats the cell signal. with it the 3 sprint phones in my building went form 1 bar to 4-5. They only work with 2 phones at once. So if 3 or more people try to call out or in at the same time you will see some lost calls. But other then that they rock.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

buckguin is a n00b

Epsilon, how simple is this to set up? I would be willing to drop 150 if I could be for sure it would give me enough bars to text consistently with no issues. Thats really all Im looking for.. I dont care if I cant call out, I just want to be able to send/receive texts with no issues what so ever..
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

pflatlyne is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckguin View Post
Epsilon, how simple is this to set up? I would be willing to drop 150 if I could be for sure it would give me enough bars to text consistently with no issues. Thats really all Im looking for.. I dont care if I cant call out, I just want to be able to send/receive texts with no issues what so ever..
Antennas like http://cgi.ebay.com/13dBi-External-A...2em118Q2el1247
this are available on ebay and cellular sites. There are smaller ones (less gain) too,but this is the one I bought. It gets me 3-5 bars. Before I got 0-1 bar. I place the antenna outside my window,magnetically mounted to my air conditioner and run the cable through a hole in the wall that was for a cable tv cable I don't use. It would probably work to put it on the window sill or wherever you get the best signal. The antenna connects to the connector under the rubber cap on the back of your phone.

Another trick that works is to get a bluetooth headset. Put the phone in a spot that gets 2bars and just use the headset. I had problems connecting to the data network though,so I went with the antenna. It solved the problem quite well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan