PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   No phone service after 5067 Kitchen install (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29320)

Swamie 06-15-2008 02:16 PM

No phone service after 5067 Kitchen install

Using radio 3.35, carrier is Cricket, 1050 prl.
When I dial, fast busy.
A-KEY is blank (should it be?).
Any troubleshooting ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

Limegrntaln 06-15-2008 02:42 PM

Re: No phone service after 5067 Kitchen install

I'm on the 1050 PRL my a key is blank. I just got off the phone. Did you try dialing *228? to program, it should drop the 1050 prl also, I'm not sure what other programming it does, and did you use the CricKet drop down when you cooked the rom?

Swamie 06-15-2008 02:52 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Tried *228, received a message "your phone could not be programmed".
Yes, I selected Cricket when I cooked the ROM.

Limegrntaln 06-15-2008 04:45 PM

Wow, thats a good one. I would re-cook another rom, something may have happened during the upgrade. I would just re-flash. I don't try to trouble shoot I just re-flash.

I also just noticed your on an Apache 6700, are you sure you flashed a 6700 rom and not a Titan rom?

Swamie 06-15-2008 05:12 PM

Yeah, 6800. I just forgot to change my profile.
I'll try again...

im1badazchick 06-15-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamie (Post 315550)
Thanks for the reply.
Tried *228, received a message "your phone could not be programmed".
Yes, I selected Cricket when I cooked the ROM.

Hello Swamie....you're probably not able to do the 228 because your programming lock code (msl)was changed in the flashing process

Swamie 06-15-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im1badazchick (Post 315679)
Hello Swamie....you're probably not able to do the 228 because your programming lock code (msl)was changed in the flashing process

Hi! Thank you for your response. I think you are correct. Subsequent attempts result in the phone rebooting during the process; message: The number of spc attempts failed 15 times from the network. Solution?

im1badazchick 06-15-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamie (Post 315684)
Hi! Thank you for your response. I think you are correct. Subsequent attempts result in the phone rebooting during the process; message: The number of spc attempts failed 15 times from the network. Solution?

if you are getting that message when you 228 then that's exactly why you can't ...your msl has definitely been changed..you can try the getspc exe that's on the site somewhere...i say do a search for it and find out what you code has been changed to...after that you can go into the menu and put the correct settings in epst(##778#)...it may have changed more than your msl when you flashed...if you press ##778# and click view...you can see if anything is changed but you won't be able to change anything back to normal without your msl and you can call cricket and get you min number which i'm sure has been changed if you are not able to make calls either..i hope that helps....i will find a tutorial for you and link it if that helps:headbang: ok i'm back...here is not only a great tut but also it's in vid format so it's even easier..thanks to burgertime for his vid http://www.jrstreet.com/flash/burgertime.htm

Swamie 06-15-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im1badazchick (Post 315705)
if you are getting that message when you 228 then that's exactly why you can't ...your msl has definitely been changed..you can try the getspc exe that's on the site somewhere...i say do a search for it and find out what you code has been changed to...after that you can go into the menu and put the correct settings in epst(##778#)...it may have changed more than your msl when you flashed...if you press ##778# and click view...you can see if anything is changed but you won't be able to change anything back to normal without your msl and you can call cricket and get you min number which i'm sure has been changed if you are not able to make calls either..i hope that helps....i will find a tutorial for you and link it if that helps:headbang: ok i'm back...here is not only a great tut but also it's in vid format so it's even easier..thanks to burgertime for his vid http://www.jrstreet.com/flash/burgertime.htm

My MIN is the same as before the upgrade; so is my spc code....? Ugh.. ESN issue perhaps?

Swamie 06-15-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamie (Post 315774)
My MIN is the same as before the upgrade; so is my spc code....? Ugh.. ESN issue perhaps?

Fixed. I went back to the ol 6700 and looked at the MSID; twas different than the phone number. Edited and reset, back in the game. Should I have known to jot down that MSID prior to flashing?
Thanks for the senior assistance. :headbang: You of course riz-ock.