PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

maximum360 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro vs. HTC Mogul

I'm seriously looking forward to the Pro. Onboard memory (outside of RAM) really isn't much of an issue as long as you have a memory expansion slot. I just bought an 8 gig microsd card for my Titan. A 12gb card or more should be available by the time the Pro is out.

The specs are fantastic. A slightly larger screen would have been nice but I'll take what I can get. Besides, I've gotten used to the 2.8" screen on the 6700 and now Mogul.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b

come on now man you are putting pitbull vs a kitten lol =]
Old 06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay. I'll just upgrade as soon as I can. How long does it take to upgrade from Sprint? I've tried googling it but can't find it. I'm sure I can always ask the guy at the Sprint store, but could anyone help me out? I talked to a finally helpful HTC agent on the phone today and he told me the Touch Pro would be released in the fourth quarter of 2008. I don't know if that was supposed to be obvious but that was news to me.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Half Decaf is becoming a great contributor

Heh, on the bright side - I am in Verizon, so I won't have to worry about missing this gorgeous pda for at least two more years ... which coincides with the end of my 2-yr agreement.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Decaf View Post
Heh, on the bright side - I am in Verizon, so I won't have to worry about missing this gorgeous pda for at least two more years ... which coincides with the end of my 2-yr agreement.
thanks i feel better now o.O
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

I am so glad the Touch Pro takes microsd, specially after just recently buying an 8gb card for my mogul (amazon has 8gb cards for the local shop price for a 4gb card--$40!!). Can't wait though for the 32gb microsd's to come out and then drop in price, probably just in time for the nvidia apx2500 equipped phones, (probably in late 2009 or 2010 if any cell carriers are even smart enough to invest in this technology).
Old 06-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

so if im on verizon and i have a 6700 i should probably get me a 6900 then wait for the diamond or pro?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
so if im on verizon and i have a 6700 i should probably get me a 6900 then wait for the diamond or pro?
No one really knows if and when we might see the Touch Pro in the US, much less on Verizon. I have heard next year for a GSM version.

There was a rumor about it being on Sprint third quarter of this year (whic we are currently in) but who knows if it is true? Who knows if it will be on time? Who knows when it will make it to Verizon after being on Sprint (think 6800 and 6900 6 month difference?)?

All that being said, can you handle the 6700 for another year?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
There was a rumor about it being on Sprint third quarter of this year (whic we are currently in) but who knows if it is true?
Ok, I realize that Sprint, along with many other large companies, run on fiscal and not calendar years. This means that third quarter to them may not be third quarter to us. But I have always seen Sprint release according to calendar years, meaning that when they say third quarter they mean our third quarter, not fiscally speaking.

That said, I am confused by your comment. We are currently in the third quarter? How?

First Quarter = January, February, March
Second Quarter = April, May, June
Third quarter = July, August, September
Fourth Quarter = October, November, December

Since it is currently June... wouldn't that put us currently in the Second quarter?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Ok, I realize that Sprint, along with many other large companies, run on fiscal and not calendar years. This means that third quarter to them may not be third quarter to us. But I have always seen Sprint release according to calendar years, meaning that when they say third quarter they mean our third quarter, not fiscally speaking.

That said, I am confused by your comment. We are currently in the third quarter? How?

First Quarter = January, February, March
Second Quarter = April, May, June
Third quarter = July, August, September
Fourth Quarter = October, November, December

Since it is currently June... wouldn't that put us currently in the Second quarter?
You are right. We are close but not there. Either way, I will be surprised if it is out on sprint before end year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan