PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Sprint

Magick72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Magick72 Send a message via AIM to Magick72 Send a message via MSN to Magick72 Send a message via Yahoo to Magick72
Problem with Mogul 6800

I am having an issue with my Sprint Mogul.. When I don't use the device for an hour or so and I get an incoming phone call, I press answer and the thing doesn't answer it just sits there. like it's frozen.. then when the call finally doesn't answer it wakes up and everything is fine for another hour until it happens again...

any suggestions? when it "wakes" up I have 18-21mb free memory..I have wifi off & no news reader or anything..
Old 06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

c6patrick is a n00b
Re: Problem with Mogul 6800

My HTC Touch put me through the same type of problem. After looking around, All I could find to do was a "Hard Reset" It is a pretty drastic move, but it seems to have worked. I have no troubles with my phone now. One thing I was not warned about though was that even when Synched with your home computer, you will loose all of your contact info. So write them down prior to the hard reset. You will then have to change all of your settings and options back to the way you like them. Hope this helps.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt
Re: Problem with Mogul 6800

That should not be the case. Yes, a hard reset will wipe all your contacts from the device, but it won't delete them from your computer. You should be able to delete the old activesync partnership and set up a new without losing any contacts. In any case, PimBackup is your friend, it'll save all your contacts, etc. to a storage card and you can restore them after the reset. Or invest in something like Sprite Backup or Spb Backup. Both will allow you to completely restore your unit after a hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan