PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro NRG ROM
Carrier: Metro pcs

diligentkane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mogul stuck on sprint screen

I've been at this all day and maybe even upset some people , hopefully not . I was running the unlock program and it seem like it took ok , i had to use the exit too leave tri color screen . Then ran the 3.35 rom upgrade and after that was done it rebooted and got stuck on the sprint screen . I've tryed a hard rest and taking battery out , same thing happens . I think i bricked it someone else told me i didnt but i cant find any info to help . Could someone tell me something .
Old 06-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Re: mogul stuck on sprint screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by diligentkane View Post
I've been at this all day and maybe even upset some people , hopefully not . I was running the unlock program and it seem like it took ok , i had to use the exit too leave tri color screen . Then ran the 3.35 rom upgrade and after that was done it rebooted and got stuck on the sprint screen . I've tryed a hard rest and taking battery out , same thing happens . I think i bricked it someone else told me i didnt but i cant find any info to help . Could someone tell me something .
Don't worry, you haven't bricked it yet. Which unlocker did you install? If you put the Mogul into bootloader mode (hold down power and camera buttons while pressing the stylus in the reset hole until you see a multi-color screen) it will tell you which bootloader (also sometimes called unlocker) you have installed.

If it is 2.40, leave the Mogul in that screen, plug in the USB cable, and run the OEM Sprint 3.35 ROM package on your PC. Ignore the wording about Activesync. That will give you compatible ROM, radio, and bootloader.

If it shows 1.20 in the multi-color screen, you installed the old version of the unlocker, and you will have to flash the OEM Sprint 2.17 ROM package to get a compatible ROM and radio for that bootloader. This is the part where you might brick the phone. If that works OK, you can then install the proper 2.40 unlocker and reflash the OEM 3.35 ROM package. If, however, after flashing the 2.17 ROM the phone goes into a dark screen and nothing will wake it back up (this is bricked), take it back to a Sprint corporate owned store or Repair Center and tell them it will not turn on, they will replace it for you since your previous posts imply that you have the TEP.

Olipro Unlockers
Make sure you use the SECOND link, where it says New version 2.40.

OEM HTC/Sprint 2.17 ROM package
OEM HTC/Sprint 3.35 ROM Download and Instructions
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm pretty sure if you are going to the stock 3.35 ROM your Mogul needs to be locked. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I'm pretty sure if you are going to the stock 3.35 ROM your Mogul needs to be locked. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I've flashed to both the stock 3.35 and 3.49 Beta ROMs still unlocked using Olipro 2.40 and I haven't had any problems.

My question is, if he's stuck on the Sprint screen, would his PC still even recognize it?

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

diligentkane is a n00b

I have the 2.40 olipro
Old 06-10-2008, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

diligentkane is a n00b

just can't get pass the sprint screen , my rom was older then 3.35 , it worked fine just wanted GPS too work .
Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by diligentkane View Post
just can't get pass the sprint screen , my rom was older then 3.35 , it worked fine just wanted GPS too work .
If you tried flashing just the 3.35 radio on an older ROM, you probably have an incompatible radio and ROM. Flash the OEM 3.35 package, which includes the ROM and radio, and it should work. If the phone is at the bootloader screen, it will flash despite not being recognized by the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
You are wrong.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
If you tried flashing just the 3.35 radio on an older ROM, you probably have an incompatible radio and ROM. Flash the OEM 3.35 package, which includes the ROM and radio, and it should work. If the phone is at the bootloader screen, it will flash despite not being recognized by the PC.

You are wrong.
Thanks. I always had trouble flashing to a stock ROM if it was unlocked.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

diligentkane is a n00b

try too download the 3.35 from the link up above it keeps stopping does anyone have a 3.35 rom that i could download . keeps saying the operation timed out .

Last edited by diligentkane; 06-10-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

diligentkane is a n00b

Should i try locking it back up then unlocking it again .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan