PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

prt7u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error [328]: Invalid Command

Howdy,

I realize that in my rush to get out of town for the weekend I may not have completely described what might be happening with my attempts at reflashing my phone with the current ROM image available from Alltel.

The error message that I am getting is: Error 328: Invalid Command

This update utility cannot be used to for your PDA Phone. Please check your update utility.

The only thing that I have done to this phone prior to trying this and upgrading to this version of the ROM previously is to unlock it to play around with the GPS.

Could this be the issue that the phone is unlocked? Is there an easy way to lock it so that this will work?

Any and all help in diagnosing the problem and correcting it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Error [328]: Invalid Command

Are you using the correct RUU? This is the Titan RUU: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...N/roms/RUU.rar

Place an .nbh file in the RUU folder and run RomUpdateUtility.exe
Old 06-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

prt7u is a n00b

Saumaun,

I have the RUU utility from HTC (for my Alltel HTC PPC 6800). I want to flash my phone back with that ROM. Isn't the one you're pointing me too different?

Pete
Old 06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

prt7u is a n00b

I also forgot to mention that the PC that I am attempting to do this on is running Windows Vista if that makes a particles difference. I was reading somewhere that it might.

Does this help?

Pete
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Lurker

wildta is becoming a great contributor

Any updates on this error. I am getting the same message when I try to revert back to the Sprint Rom on the Touch. TIA!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800 alltel

kenteoth is a n00b

I got the same thing and a frozen phone on 4 colors red green blue white.....it says RUUNBH in the top right hand corner......TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9
in that specific order....I don't want to get a replacement I just want this phone to work, I love the one I have and am afraid of getting another one and getting more problems.....If the utility is not correct then why in the $#%^% would HTC give us customers something that would kill our phones??? If that's the case then I want a CDMA touch pro or something better and don't want a touch because I don't have time or strength to play with a stylus (I have Parkinson's) Maybe I am being a baby about this but on the other hand why give us software that will inconvenience us and keep us from personal (emergency??) calls....HTC I hope you have a fix for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan