PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are The HTC Touch 1.0 & Titan Dead & Q9c Moto?
Yes-- Long live the New HTC MODELS 25 73.53%
Yes --- Sexer then my wife 2 5.88%
No - Ugler then a 2 cent women 3 8.82%
No - I like older women 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking With the New Touch 2.0 and Touch Pro is the Titan Dead?

Now that HTC has announced the New Touch 2.0 and the Touch Pro is the Titan and Touch 1.0 dead? I know that if my friends and coworkers are asking about the Touch 1.0 or Titan I tell them to hold off until Sep-Nov and wait for the newer Touch 2.0 or Touch Pro. I tell them it will be worth the wait of a few months. I tell them more system ram is better performance, 4gb on board memory plus transflas support on both the new touch 2.0 and the Touch Pro and the Pro has a keyboard that slides. I explain the newer Tocuh Flo 2 software is better. AND VGA DISPLAY baby,,,,,
Old 06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: With the New Touch 2.0 and Touch Pro is the Titan Dead?

The answer is clearly no.

Just look at the Apache. Clearly was replaced by the Mogul and the Touch... but it's still alive an kicking. End of story.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
The answer is clearly no.

Just look at the Apache. Clearly was replaced by the Mogul and the Touch... but it's still alive an kicking. End of story.
I disagree, the apache runs better than the mogul, and by the look of the specs, the touch pro will to, the mogul will be forgotten due to its lack of drivers and dysfunctional processor
Old 06-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the titan will never die.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:32 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

User preference. My granda doesn't wanna give up her moto dynatac 8000x aka "the brick" so I gave her the mogul to upgrade on mothers day, coz mogul is not too far from "the brick"
Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
I disagree, the apache runs better than the mogul, and by the look of the specs, the touch pro will to, the mogul will be forgotten due to its lack of drivers and dysfunctional processor
There is one reason why the Titan will not die ... cost.

When the new phones come out, the cost of owning the Titan will go WAY down... making it attractive to many other users. Yes, it won't be the latest and greatest device but it will be a very functional device at a cheap price...
That is just how technology stuff usually works...

I'm surprised that people are so soon to jump on the "The Titan is dead" bandwagon just because the Raphael and Diamond have been announced.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Deathsicle is just getting started

As much as i love my Titan aka Mogul, im gonna have to jump ship for the Touch Pro, the Pro in itself is just more capable due to the fact that it has alot more usuable ram. I have found myself so many times facing memory issues when running certain programs. If the 6800 had more ram i would be contempt with it, however the lack of usuable ram limits this unit so much
Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsicle View Post
As much as i love my Titan aka Mogul, im gonna have to jump ship for the Touch Pro, the Pro in itself is just more capable due to the fact that it has alot more usuable ram. I have found myself so many times facing memory issues when running certain programs. If the 6800 had more ram i would be contempt with it, however the lack of usuable ram limits this unit so much
All your points are valid but I don't think the Titan is not going to die with the introduction of the new devices. But I guess I could be proven wrong... looks like most think it will die.

Last edited by x10guy; 06-09-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

People with money, mogul will die. people without money mogul will live a long time.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700

johnq is keeping up the good workjohnq is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to johnq

iguess titan is not going to die as long as sprint tv on it )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan