PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

steve0617 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What exactly should I be able to see on the device with ActiveSync

Win XP Sp2, ActiveSync 4.5 Build 5096, Sprint Mogul - ROM 3.35.651.2. Never been flashed - device is two weeks old.

So, after syncing (which works perfectly), I click the Explore button in ActiveSync and instead of calling up anything like 'Windows Mobile Device,' it calls up my C: (Local Folder) of my laptop's HDD, just like regular Windows Explorer would. There is nothing at all relating anywhere to the Mogul in searching with ActiveSync.

I did find the syncing of files in the setup of ActiveSync which I enabled. I am now able to see the My Documents folder on my local HDD which will sync to the device's My Documents folder, but I cannot see anything else at all on the device.

Even clicking on 'Tools/Explore Pocket PPC' in ActiveSync again calls up the C: of my laptop.

I turned off any and all Firewalls, turned off my AVG Free, rebooted, blah blah blah and still nothing.

EDIT: Just an FYI - in regular Windows Explorer, I have already done the:

5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
6.Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
7.Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Once this is done, your Folder Options screen should look similar to the following image.
8.Click OK.

from an earlier thread and it still doesn't show the Mogul's stuff other than the My Documents folder to sync as I said before.
Is this the way it's supposed to be? Or should I be able to explore the entire Mogul device's files through ActiveSync?

Searching all over the place here, Google and MS turned up nothing.

Thanks!

Last edited by steve0617; 06-07-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work
Re: What exactly should I be able to see on the device with ActiveSync

When you click explore on activesync you should basically see your moguls file explorer snounds like you have something that defaults to your c drive messing with you or it could be activesync (most likely). But i dont really know how to help you any further as i do not own a pc but when i sync on my buddies laptop i browse my whole phone not jus my docs
Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

steve0617 is a n00b
Re: What exactly should I be able to see on the device with ActiveSync

Well, I gutted and reset all kinds of stuff in XP then did a hard reset on the Mogul and it works fine now. Have no idea what I reset, but it's working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan