PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: TCNZ

ColdKiwi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wardriving with the Titan

Hey,

I just thought I'd post this incase anyone else was interested, I installed WiFiFoFum on my Titan this afternoon, and thought I'd go for a quick drive to test out the builtin WiFi / GPS. I just sat the Titan on the dash of my SUV.

My afternoons Google Map: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display....90.59.19.html

WiFiFoFum (Netstumbler for PPC) download link: http://www.aspecto-software.com/download/WiFiFoFum.CAB
GPS Virtualiser (converts WiFiFoFum output to Gmap/Gearth etc): http://www.gpsvisualizer.com

Enjoy
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Wardriving with the Titan

I have also done this for kicks... so many dumb people out there with wide open access points. I even found a few open access points for IP phones at the large hospital that my wife works at in my home town. I sent them a list of the open ones in an email... and they were all "locked down" the following morning. Though they never did send me a return email with a simple thank you.

Good to see that I am not the only one out there sniffing around
Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: TCNZ
Threadstarter

ColdKiwi is just getting started

About 5 years ago I used to have a full Wardriving rig, Inverter, Laptop, High Gain PCMCIA, External Antenna, GPS etc. Fun to use on the odd weekend, but a real pain to setup.

However being able to do it all on my cell phone makes it so much more accessible, sure it wont give the same range etc, but you can instantly flick it on while going about your daily business, which is pretty cool, and being able to easily upload it all to Google map is awesome!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b

GOTTA LOVE IT!

gpsvisualizer.com -- awesome.. thanks!

Copy
Old 06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: Sprint

___________ is a n00b

Really Cool.

PM me if you're interested in having a stoday screen setup like this.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bamrock is a n00b

Now I'm just wondering this purely for educational purposes of course! But is there a program out there that would allow you to connect to open wireless access points and browse around shared folders on windows mobile? Because I'm sure it looks suspicious if you're carrying around a laptop and loitering in front of someones house but you could really just be "walking the dog" while carrying your phone and be doing all sorts of browsing. Crazy stuff.

The best in tech and everything else!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You can do so by using Resco File Explorer's FTP addin. It lets you map the network drive.

And similar to the OP, Sprint's ENTIRE NETWORK had a security hole!

Well, I got in the car, while sitting in the garage, and I decided to grab a file from my computer [via network sharing]. I did the computer scan, and I noticed about 100+ devices came up! So I checked my network, and I was connected to PowerVision, and not WiFi! All the devices that came up were other phones connected to the vision network.

So I contacted Sprint the next day, told them about the risk, and about a month later I could no longer see anyone on the network... And that went without a thank you or some credit on my account...

So much for helping the greater good!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamrock View Post
Now I'm just wondering this purely for educational purposes of course! But is there a program out there that would allow you to connect to open wireless access points and browse around shared folders on windows mobile? Because I'm sure it looks suspicious if you're carrying around a laptop and loitering in front of someones house but you could really just be "walking the dog" while carrying your phone and be doing all sorts of browsing. Crazy stuff.
thats creepy.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

gradez28 is a n00b

this is awesome.. just earlier today i was thinking about the possibility of wardriving with my new mogul.. hopped on here and found this right away
Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I get paid to wardrive, and since I have EVDOrA and all the files I ever want, I don't care to actually access the networks.. just fun to see how many are "out there" locked or not.

check it out. www.navizon.com my referral link is in my sig

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan