PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Wardriving with the Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyCounsler View Post
And there isn't one piece of software out there that can give me the ip addresses of a router if the wep/wpa password is not provided. you show me that.
There are a lot out there... they read the TCP packets from the wireless access point to get the information.

One is Air Scanner (PPC). Another is Radiate (Linux). And for Windows try Wardrive Toolbox.

And these are just commercial applications. Theree are far more better and more efficient ones available via other means for people specifically looking to hack wireless networks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyCounsler View Post
if someone hijacks your secured internet the way you have it set up, you definitely know the guy. Because that type of person is more than likely not want to waste time and to find an unsecured network, no?
Most likely, yes. In 2006 a study was released that stated that over 70% of companies that were hacked were done so by a current or recently terminated employee. Though a lot of hacks and hack attempts come from people who are trying to learn and are doing it for "fun" or just to say that they did.

Last edited by rainfreak; 06-12-2008 at 11:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I should probably take the time to state that I am not a hacker, but rather an IT professional. I just happen to have fairly extensive experience in wireless and wireless security as I helped design and implement the wireless and radius authentication network infrastructure for Airpath Wireless, now the second largest hot spot aggregator in the world. Therefore I had to learn a great deal about wireless security and protocols. I was certified by ISS for Cisco wired and wireless network security.

And it has only gotten worse since I worked with Airpath Wireless and got certified 4 years ago. I remember going to New York City two years ago and being angry because Internet in my hotel room was $16.95 for 24 hours of usage. I paid it (business deduction anyway) but for kicks did a little wardriving from my mid-Manhattan hotel room to see what was available. My laptop alone, with no external antenna, found over 200 wireless networks, of which probably 75% were wide open. Though I did not use any of them, I was amazed.

Silly fools...
Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am pretty experienced in this area also, not nearly as much as you, but I have my collection of prism 2.5 and atheros chipset cards. With tools like kismet and aircrack, and even wicrawl these days it's child's play to get into a network if you really apply yourself. A matter of seconds now.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
I am pretty experienced in this area also, not nearly as much as you, but I have my collection of prism 2.5 and atheros chipset cards. With tools like kismet and aircrack, and even wicrawl these days it's child's play to get into a network if you really apply yourself. A matter of seconds now.
That is very true and yet very scary as well. Kismet is a great tool... I also have it and use it from time to time to test my networks. Actually not test but rather remind myself how open they really are...
Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b

in the name of my old BBS...

Countdown to Paranoia...
Old 06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hah. Security doesn't matter when it comes to the government though. They can focus a satellite on you house and crack the encryption key within minutes, then see what you're doing.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache Helmi 6700 and Mogul 6800, Now Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

medinatwin is becoming a great contributor

Man! you guys are letting everyone know how to wardrive!! Now everyone reading this is gonna go and hack away at their neighbors.

Gotta love it!

LATE,
TWIN
Old 06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinatwin View Post
Man! you guys are letting everyone know how to wardrive!! Now everyone reading this is gonna go and hack away at their neighbors.

Gotta love it!

LATE,
TWIN
I hope not because it is not only immoral, but in most states, it is also illegal.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

but from your home, and with fairly non techie neighbors, vitually untraceable
Old 06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

As an IT person I love to hear people say things like "virtually untraceable"...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan