PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

shumax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email questions

My first smartphone, XV6800, will be here tomorrow. I am running on the Verizon network with an unlimited plan.

Question: My corporate email is run through Outlook 2003. I am NOT given access to the enterprise server. I have asked and they will not give me the access as they don't want to buy more licenses.

As a result, I have always put a "rule" in outlook to push my email to a gmail account, which I would check via the verizon mobile web on my Krazr phone. Worked ok, at best.

The issue I have run into is replying to an email while using this method. Gmail allows me to show any "return" address I would like. So, I could show my corporate email address in the "reply from" line. The issue, though, is that gmail then lists text that says something to the effect of "sent on behalf of..." in the header. So, anyone can then tell it's not coming from my corporate email account.

We do have access to Outlook Web Access; however, my Company requires us to use a token to access it - it's a VPN tunnel protected through a random password assignment code via a portable "token." So, I would have to log in every time I wanted to check my mail. It's not convenient, to say the least.

The only option I have come up with is to run a redirector on my desktop to send the mail to my device. I don't even know if Verizon offers that on OTHER than the Blackberry devices -- anyone know?

Is there another option I can use to get my Coporate email and be able to respond to it without others' knowing which account I am using?

Thank you for your help,
Shumax
Old 06-02-2008, 03:30 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Email questions

In outlook mobile you type in your email and it tries to detect settings for you, tat has never failed me. And welcome aboard

Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumax View Post
My first smartphone, XV6800, will be here tomorrow. I am running on the Verizon network with an unlimited plan.

Question: My corporate email is run through Outlook 2003. I am NOT given access to the enterprise server. I have asked and they will not give me the access as they don't want to buy more licenses.

As a result, I have always put a "rule" in outlook to push my email to a gmail account, which I would check via the verizon mobile web on my Krazr phone. Worked ok, at best.

The issue I have run into is replying to an email while using this method. Gmail allows me to show any "return" address I would like. So, I could show my corporate email address in the "reply from" line. The issue, though, is that gmail then lists text that says something to the effect of "sent on behalf of..." in the header. So, anyone can then tell it's not coming from my corporate email account.

We do have access to Outlook Web Access; however, my Company requires us to use a token to access it - it's a VPN tunnel protected through a random password assignment code via a portable "token." So, I would have to log in every time I wanted to check my mail. It's not convenient, to say the least.

The only option I have come up with is to run a redirector on my desktop to send the mail to my device. I don't even know if Verizon offers that on OTHER than the Blackberry devices -- anyone know?

Is there another option I can use to get my Coporate email and be able to respond to it without others' knowing which account I am using?

Thank you for your help,
Shumax
You can also try SEVEN email program. It can use multiple types of email servers and sources..

Old 06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shumax is a n00b

This is awesome -- a response in less than a week! I love it!

I read about "seven" on the net. It appears that, in my case (no access to an enterprise server), I'd have to leave my laptop on to "push" the email to the HH. Correct? If so, that's not going to work as I need my laptop with me. Though, it does have a broadband card in it, so I could leave that running. Then again, it also appears that "seven" costs money to use each month -- correct? If so, I'm cheap so I'll need yet another option - if there is one

Any ohter suggestions?

P.S. What should I expect when I get my "unit?"
Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shumax is a n00b

Any others?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: Email questions

Quote:

Thank you for your help,
Shumax
dude all you need is the pop server info and the smtp server info and your in.... you dont need to imap it.. just have your phone check the account every so many minutes. also when you set up the email on my mogul it automatically checks for the server settings if it finds them it will use them. rock on dude,,,,, pparty in my mogul!!!!!! mogul over here mogul over their!!!! put your mogul in the air like you dont care!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shumax is a n00b

Not to sound "dumb," but can I find this information in my outlook at my desktop? Or, do I need to call my admin.? If so, what, exactly do I ask for?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Not to sound "dumb," but can I find this information in my outlook at my desktop? Or, do I need to call my admin.? If so, what, exactly do I ask for?

Thanks in advance!
if wm6 does not find it itself then check with your pc people as ask them what your mail server info is for incomming and outgoing.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shumax is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
if wm6 does not find it itself then check with your pc people as ask them what your mail server info is for incomming and outgoing.
See, that's the issue -- they won't give me access to it. I'm looking for "other" options...

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

PM me your email address for work and I will look up the DNS for your domain and tell you what you can use...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan