PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

imperialme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm a simple man.....

First off, apologies for the ridiculously long post.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this question, but it seems like it. I really only have my Mogul because I didn't have to pay for it (Sprint badly wants our mobile business at work, and they willingly parted ways with one of the test devices they sent us. The work Blackberry spoiled me, and I didn't like using the keypad on my personal Katana for SMS). I just found this site, and all of the wonderful things I can do to my phone, fairly recently. In the last month I've probably flashed the thing at least 20 or so times and what's it's taught me is this: I really just need a phone. 90% of what I use the thing for is calls, texts, GPS and the occasional Sprint TV session (I'm an NFL junky). In all of the builds I've done, I keep trying to get simpler. I've seen all of the different Iphone clones, but honestly if I wanted an Iphone, I would've bought one. So, here's the question. Does anyone know of a ROM/Theme/anything that will make the today screen more like a simple cellphone? I like the simplicity of PointUI, but I'm looking for something that looks a little better and doesn't eat so much memory. I've tried a few things on my own, but most of the programs I've come across (claunch, UL, WAD) seem to require a lot more knowledge of the WM structure than I have or, honestly, care to know. I realize that I am essentially wasting the device, but again, I didn't pay for it, so I'm okay with that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Re: I'm a simple man.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialme View Post
First off, apologies for the ridiculously long post.

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this question, but it seems like it. I really only have my Mogul because I didn't have to pay for it (Sprint badly wants our mobile business at work, and they willingly parted ways with one of the test devices they sent us. The work Blackberry spoiled me, and I didn't like using the keypad on my personal Katana for SMS). I just found this site, and all of the wonderful things I can do to my phone, fairly recently. In the last month I've probably flashed the thing at least 20 or so times and what's it's taught me is this: I really just need a phone. 90% of what I use the thing for is calls, texts, GPS and the occasional Sprint TV session (I'm an NFL junky). In all of the builds I've done, I keep trying to get simpler. I've seen all of the different Iphone clones, but honestly if I wanted an Iphone, I would've bought one. So, here's the question. Does anyone know of a ROM/Theme/anything that will make the today screen more like a simple cellphone? I like the simplicity of PointUI, but I'm looking for something that looks a little better and doesn't eat so much memory. I've tried a few things on my own, but most of the programs I've come across (claunch, UL, WAD) seem to require a lot more knowledge of the WM structure than I have or, honestly, care to know. I realize that I am essentially wasting the device, but again, I didn't pay for it, so I'm okay with that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Personally, I would go over to PPCKitchens.org and cook one. I was in you position and would flash and flash and then found out that rather easily (very easily actually) I could cook my own with as little or as many features as I wanted. Definitely a must for you and really it is "idiot proof" cuz I can do it....

Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

go to the bargain trader forum and see if somebody will trade straight up for it
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

imperialme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
Personally, I would go over to PPCKitchens.org and cook one. I was in you position and would flash and flash and then found out that rather easily (very easily actually) I could cook my own with as little or as many features as I wanted. Definitely a must for you and really it is "idiot proof" cuz I can do it....
Actually, I have built my own, and I've finally gotten to point where I really like where it's at (muchos gracias to No2 and the BuildOS guys), but I just haven't been able to get it quite where I want. The overall build is great, it's just the UI I'm looking to tweak.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

imperialme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducylowycz View Post
go to the bargain trader forum and see if somebody will trade straight up for it
Honestly, I would, but I'm the email/messaging guy at work, and connecting to my Exchange servers is amazingly handy for identifying potential BES issues. Probably should have mentioned that in the original post.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Synned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialme View Post
Actually, I have built my own, and I've finally gotten to point where I really like where it's at (muchos gracias to No2 and the BuildOS guys), but I just haven't been able to get it quite where I want. The overall build is great, it's just the UI I'm looking to tweak.
I really can't think of anything simpler than a HTC Home setup. You can get to most programs/contacts in 2 clicks...doesn't really get much simpler than that.

You sound like a pretty knowledgeable guy, so what do you dislike about all the various setups? Which have you tried? Ultimatelaunch, throttle launcher, and all the various iphone themes. I mean the iphone themes are just that, simple, but I understand where your coming from with the memory issues, lag etc.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

imperialme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synned View Post
I really can't think of anything simpler than a HTC Home setup. You can get to most programs/contacts in 2 clicks...doesn't really get much simpler than that.

You sound like a pretty knowledgeable guy, so what do you dislike about all the various setups? Which have you tried? Ultimatelaunch, throttle launcher, and all the various iphone themes. I mean the iphone themes are just that, simple, but I understand where your coming from with the memory issues, lag etc.
I'm using Home at the moment, and it's the best of what I've tried. My problem is that I'm using bits and pieces of different things and there isn't any real flow or continuity to it all. I realize, trust me, that's it's a small stupid issue, but my natural capricorn OCD kicks in at interesting times. I've even been trying to figure out if there's a way to drop Android on the thing once it comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan