PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Last Straw...

Well I'd like to say its been a good run but it hasn't. I love the mogul, or, at least, everything it could be, but I'm done with it. I'll give you a brief description why and then ill get to my question.

About three months ago everything was fine. the 3.16 rom had just leaked, I finally had gps and life was good; a couple weeks into running the 3.16 rom my text messages started arriving late. Sometimes theyd be on time, sometimes theyd be anywhere from five minutes to two hours late. I flashed back to a standard rom, still experienced the problem, called sprint and basically just got a "well that sucks" out of them. Since then I've tried everything, every rom, official and not, countless calls to tech support, etc, and the problem just seems to be progressively getting worse. Theres no third party software on my phone, its absolute stock.

Sprint wont give me a new mogul, despite the fact they concluded its some kind of hardware problem/defect with my phone. I was in the thumb of Michigan for the past week and while I was roaming my texts worked flawlessly, now that I'm back in EVDO the problem is back.

Its my own fault for not switching to my razr for the inevitable post-bar saturday night text messages this girl was bound to send me but anyways yeah, received a text, replied, got her two replies 30 minutes after she sent them and by the time i got her replies and called her she was asleep.. wouldnt be a big deal but im basically in love with the girl and she really only realizes shes into me while shes drunk. So I'm absolutely livid right now.

My question. The Blackberry Cure 8830. Im on the employee f&f advantage 500, unlimited powervision etc. I can get it and use all the basic functions (internet, push email, mms, sms, gps, etc..) without the blackberry data plan right? if that thing is even around still. ive always been under the assumption it was only for blackberry messaging. Just want to make sure i wont be billed extra for anything.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me soon, ill probably be ordering one tomorrow morning, or maybe a treo, to hold me over until the raphael.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 06-01-2008, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hauk is just getting started
Re: The Last Straw...

As far as I have heard, no, since everything needs to go through blackberry's servers, thats why i dont like blackberry's, a smart alternative could be the moto q.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Mogul

BigDanny is a n00b

the moto q9c ain't a bad phone, it comes with an extended battery too, I'm on the f&f 500 plan as well and I had a blackberry that I took back because I didn't wanna pay extra for the blackberry plan when my plan has unlimited powervision, and I took the q9c back because at the time the price of the mogul had dropped, and I was still in my 30 day grace period, I'd rather get a touch, but the q9c is a pretty good smartphone

Old 06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It will work, just call employee care to do the swap, they will set you up with the right code to use a blackberry, I might be switching to the pearl next week (I only use phones for 30-45 days at a time). If you're near East Lansing, Mi PM me, I will swap out your phone.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

aughsum is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDrake View Post
It will work, just call employee care to do the swap, they will set you up with the right code to use a blackberry, I might be switching to the pearl next week (I only use phones for 30-45 days at a time). If you're near East Lansing, Mi PM me, I will swap out your phone.
it will work with regular data? im a heavy internet user. im in saginaw MI but ill give them a call and let you know what i find out
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 PM
DDrake

Saginaw is a iPCS network, make sure you're in the ensemble billing system, that's the only way I can access an affiliate network.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
DDrake

By the way Blackberry is not REM (Rapid Eye Movement), it's RIM (Research In Motion
Old 06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

I went from the Mogul to Curve on Sprint and I love it. I was on the Simply Everything Plan and had to switch to the SEP BlackBerry plan is all. To my knowledge, which is pretty lacking on the BB so far, you won't be able to use PIN messaging without some kind of BB plan. Also, not sure you'll be able to create an account at sprint.blackberry.com without it either.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

doesn't sound like the mogul's fault to me, especially since it worked when you were roaming. I've had rare problems like that every once in a while, but have had those with all phones including non-pda phones, but never to the extent you mention, including with the mogul. If everything else is working fine and I imagine it is, and especially since it worked when you were roaming, I'm putting my money on a sprint network messup.

On another note did you flash back to the standard radio or are you still running a beta radio? Are you running the most recent official rom? Have you checked to make sure your MDN is the same as your phone number in ##778#? I had my temporary sprint number in there for a while and it caused weird problems for a bit (as that is what they had me program in when I activated my phone)....
Old 06-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

aughsum is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
doesn't sound like the mogul's fault to me, especially since it worked when you were roaming. I've had rare problems like that every once in a while, but have had those with all phones including non-pda phones, but never to the extent you mention, including with the mogul. If everything else is working fine and I imagine it is, and especially since it worked when you were roaming, I'm putting my money on a sprint network messup.

On another note did you flash back to the standard radio or are you still running a beta radio? Are you running the most recent official rom? Have you checked to make sure your MDN is the same as your phone number in ##778#? I had my temporary sprint number in there for a while and it caused weird problems for a bit (as that is what they had me program in when I activated my phone)....
Yeah ive checked my MDN, its correct. I'm currently on a official rom but I've tried them all. I've got to call UT starcom tomorrow to try and get a replacement, sprint says its not them.

as far as the other posts, yeah I have been moved over to ensemble; thats when my problem started actually.. I'd imagine thats purely couincidental though.

The BB id be going to is the 8330, not the 8830 like i mentioned earlier. Ive been doing some reading and it sounds like if i use third party programs such as opera and the gmail app for email i can dance around the BB plan reqirements? but yeah ill still let you know once i find a good deal on the 8330.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan