PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
program randomly shuts itself down?

i use a program called call firewall to block unwanted calls and it seems that every few hours my phone automatically closes the program as its running in the background and i have to start it back up!

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: program randomly shuts itself down?

Definatly an issue with the available ram. The mogul shuts down programs automatically when the ram is running low.

You could try cleartemp or oxios hibernate to clear up ram but I would assume after a couple of hours it would happen again. A ram killer is active sync. It opens on its own for no reason even when not connected to a pc. There is a reg edit to stop that from happening. Im not sure what it is but I have seen it on this site. It will stop active sync from opening randomly but it will still open when you connect to a pc the way it should do it anyway.

You can try that. If that dont work Im not sure. The mogul doesnt have alot of available ram like on the touch.

Hope that gives you a little insite.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
i use a program called call firewall to block unwanted calls and it seems that every few hours my phone automatically closes the program as its running in the background and i have to start it back up!
I had the same problem and then I switched to Magicall which does the same thing and is not as quite a Ram hog as Call Firewall. Do a search and it should pop up and it is readily available in the PPC Kitchens if you are cooking your own custom

Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
Try:

StartMenu -> Settings -> Personal -> Today,
open Items tab and uncheck "Today Screen Time Out". It is rumored this will have winmo close programs after the specified period in the box next to it...

Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Try:

StartMenu -> Settings -> Personal -> Today,
open Items tab and uncheck "Today Screen Time Out". It is rumored this will have winmo close programs after the specified period in the box next to it...
thanks, ill try that and let you guys know how it worked
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
I had the same problem and then I switched to Magicall which does the same thing and is not as quite a Ram hog as Call Firewall. Do a search and it should pop up and it is readily available in the PPC Kitchens if you are cooking your own custom
wow, i got my hands on magicall..wayyyy better than call firewall, it can pickup + hangup = no VM! and deff less of a memory hog and the calls it blocks it puts into its own log! not the regular missed calles one!

thanks alot...also did the little trick with the today screen and it never shuts off anymore
Old 06-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

an easier solution for not hearing unwanted calls may just be to set a custom ringer for the person you don't want to talk to in the contact, you can set it to a ringer that just has no sound... that's what I do with calls I don't want to get (ex gfs etc)

then you never have to worry about having a program running, and will still see it in your missed calls list etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan