PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

asbestos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
US Cellular version

Hey all, just a quick question...

I will be getting my 6800 for work soon and it will be on the US Cellular network. Is it possible to upgrade to the new ROM that lets the internal GPS work?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

friday@sweetieserver.com is a n00b
Re: US Cellular version

Yes it is. I am with US Cellular out of Iowa and I got it to work.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday@sweetieserver.com View Post
Yes it is. I am with US Cellular out of Iowa and I got it to work.
May I ask which ROM did you use?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

shiftmx is a n00b

i have been doing research on this for a few weeks. (i know a little overkill, but i want to feel like i done my homework first.) i also am wanting to flash an updated rom to my uscellular 6800. after reading countless posts and threads, there is this one here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24511
that is specific to the uscc 6800. the guide at the first post of that thread seems very complete.
i have since dowloaded everything in that guide and i get to step #6 where it says to start using ppckithen buildos. in all the countless other guides i read it says after opening ppckitchen to update it. therein lies the problem, for the life of me i cant get it to let me update anything. it always gives me "cant copy file ppc-buildos.exe." everytime. can anyone give me an idea as to what the problem is there, please? i also have no idea which cooked rom would be the best to use. the guide says to use no2chem_5060. but the guide is from over a month ago so not for sure if this is still the best rom to use. so i have stopped at step 6 untill i can get some help or figure out why i cant update ppckitchen.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

5tryk3r is a n00b

I am happy with it being stock for right now i want to become more familiar with it before i change it a lot. The only thing i would like to be able to do with the stock version is turn on the gps. Is it possible to do this with out changing everything on the phone.

Carrier:
U.S. Cellular
Old 06-17-2008, 08:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

mykleh35 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mykleh35

Unfortunately if you want GPS your going to have to take the plunge... feel free to contact USCC or UTStarcom and get as frustrated as the rest of us USCC members... I would use http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24511 that's what I used... start with the NoChem's 5060 there are still people on it... I'm currently on NOchem's 5067... I have stayed with him as I know he has USCC in his Kitchen ROMs...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

5tryk3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykleh35 View Post
Unfortunately if you want GPS your going to have to take the plunge... feel free to contact USCC or UTStarcom and get as frustrated as the rest of us USCC members... I would use http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24511 that's what I used... start with the NoChem's 5060 there are still people on it... I'm currently on NOchem's 5067... I have stayed with him as I know he has USCC in his Kitchen ROMs...
Have you had any issues with performance with this rom. I have heard of some roms slowing the device down and does it retain the features of the stock rom as i use many of the programs in the stock rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan