PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan/Ftouchflo/Cube?

Evening all,

I would like to do some testing with touch capabilities on a 6800. I noticed in the 5067 kitchen that you have the option of installing Ftouchflo for the 6800, but the HTC Touchflo and the three cubes are not selectable.

Since I am a VZW user can I install Ftouchflo, and then extract the VZW cube and install it manually? Or do I need to go in a different direction?

What I am looking for is touch support for 6800 with a basic cube.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Titan/Ftouchflo/Cube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Evening all,

I would like to do some testing with touch capabilities on a 6800. I noticed in the 5067 kitchen that you have the option of installing Ftouchflo for the 6800, but the HTC Touchflo and the three cubes are not selectable.

Since I am a VZW user can I install Ftouchflo, and then extract the VZW cube and install it manually? Or do I need to go in a different direction?

Thanks,
Steve
I put it on my 6800....not sure how it is supposed to work though....it would spin to the different apps....but it was very hard to get back to the today screen....but I was able to use it....just didnt care for it so I took it off...I may not have played with it long enough to really find out though...

Here is what I used...

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

If you search this forum with "Cube", you should see a thread that has the yellow cube that I use. Simple install, and reset, volia.

~Journey
Old 05-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Evening all,

Thanks,
Steve
I have attached the yellow cube for you to play with. It is for "Sprint" but will give you an opportunity to see if you really want it or not. It is a .cab file so you can install it and then uninstall it very simply.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCCubeYellow.zip (1.07 MB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have attached the yellow cube for you to play with. It is for "Sprint" but will give you an opportunity to see if you really want it or not. It is a .cab file so you can install it and then uninstall it very simply.
Awesome...thanks for saving me the search time.

I brought up Ftouchflo and a basic cube on my 6800. What I have found so far is there seems to be terrific functionaliity but at the expense of responsiveness of the 6800. It lags a bit when I move my finger to rotate the cube. I also dont like the fact that when you open an app from the cube you dont return to the cube when you exit. You go back to the Today screen. I am betting that is configurable but have not gotten too in depth.

Is there a noobie guide to configuring and operating the cube interface? Is there a list of common tweaks for the Titan to optimize the cube environment? Sorry for all the questions but this testing will tell me if I want to invest in a 6900 in the near future and give my 6800 to my stepson. I have fat fingers and didnt want the 6900 for that reason alone. I do love my 6800...its all tricked out now!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
Is there a noobie guide to configuring and operating the cube interface? Is there a list of common tweaks for the Titan to optimize the cube environment? Sorry for all the questions but this testing will tell me if I want to invest in a 6900 in the near future and give my 6800 to my stepson. I have fat fingers and didnt want the 6900 for that reason alone. I do love my 6800...its all tricked out now!
again should work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...71&postcount=1
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Actually I installed the TL_TouchFlo3D and ThrottleLauncher last night and have to say that it is pretty sweet. You should check it out and see what you think, instead of using the cube.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27797

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan