PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seperation of SMS from MMS

I have SMS-Chat installed for standard text messaging and I absolutely love the app. Its soo iPhone-like, and the scrolling is just what the doctor ordered.

What I would like to do is install Arcsoft, but only for MMS messaging and let SMS-Chat be the default test messaging app. Do I need to install Arcsoft SMS support in order for SMS-Chat to operate, or is that just a stupid assumption? Can I just install MMS support in Arcsoft?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Re: Seperation of SMS from MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I have SMS-Chat installed for standard text messaging and I absolutely love the app. Its soo iPhone-like, and the scrolling is just what the doctor ordered.

What I would like to do is install Arcsoft, but only for MMS messaging and let SMS-Chat be the default test messaging app. Do I need to install Arcsoft SMS support in order for SMS-Chat to operate, or is that just a stupid assumption? Can I just install MMS support in Arcsoft?

Thanks,
Steve
arcsoft is just the mms messaging app shouldnt really affect sms ... i used to use palm threader and mms with no problem i assume you could do... you can always unistall
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
arcsoft is just the mms messaging app shouldnt really affect sms ... i used to use palm threader and mms with no problem i assume you could do... you can always unistall
So you just use the MMS portion of Arcsoft? Do you do a custom install to get this or do you default the palm threader to be your SMS app, even if Arcsoft SMS support is installed right?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
So you just use the MMS portion of Arcsoft? Do you do a custom install to get this or do you default the palm threader to be your SMS app, even if Arcsoft SMS support is installed right?
well i assume that SMS-Chat is its own app and there you set it to launch separately, arcsoft just adds another piece to teh standard messaging app... so if you open the standard messaging app you should now see an MMS option there...

no custom install
Old 05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
well i assume that SMS-Chat is its own app and there you set it to launch separately, arcsoft just adds another piece to teh standard messaging app... so if you open the standard messaging app you should now see an MMS option there...

no custom install
Ohhh didnt realize that. I thought that when you select Arcsoft in the kitchen you get both the SMS and MMS apps. So I could just not install Arcsoft and SMS-Chat would still work for std texting right?

I am going to test now.

Steve
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang

Quote:
Ohhh didnt realize that. I thought that when you select Arcsoft in the kitchen you get both the SMS and MMS apps. So I could just not install Arcsoft and SMS-Chat would still work for std texting right?

I am going to test now.

Steve
well sms is always there its just a standard app... i assume the way SMS-Chat works is that it just takes over the control from the standard messaging app... arcsoft is the mms app...

let me know what happens

another question i have is what rom are ya using? why not upgrade to a wm6.1 rom with the new "chat" style sms anyways... install ftouchflo and boom you got the same thing
Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
well sms is always there its just a standard app... i assume the way SMS-Chat works is that it just takes over the control from the standard messaging app... arcsoft is the mms app...

let me know what happens

another question i have is what rom are ya using? why not upgrade to a wm6.1 rom with the new "chat" style sms anyways... install ftouchflo and boom you got the same thing
I used the chat stype SMS and did not like it. I like the scrolling of SMS-Chat. As to Ftouchflo I have never ever been able to get it to work properly on my 6800.....it was dog slow!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:30 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang

Quote:
I used the chat stype SMS and did not like it. I like the scrolling of SMS-Chat. As to Ftouchflo I have never ever been able to get it to work properly on my 6800.....it was dog slow!
fair enough... as long as u tried... im happy...

did installing arcsoft mess up SMS Chat at all?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
fair enough... as long as u tried... im happy...

did installing arcsoft mess up SMS Chat at all?
No it didnt but I would get notifications from both apps (very annoying) and SMS-Chat tried to handle MMS msgs as SMS msgs, which was not good. I am looking at the reg to see how to tell SMS-Chat to only handle SMS.

How did you get Ftouchflo to work properly on your 6800? I had all sorts of problems, and never got a chance to troubleshoot.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang

Quote:
No it didnt but I would get notifications from both apps (very annoying) and SMS-Chat tried to handle MMS msgs as SMS msgs, which was not good. I am looking at the reg to see how to tell SMS-Chat to only handle SMS.

How did you get Ftouchflo to work properly on your 6800? I had all sorts of problems, and never got a chance to troubleshoot.
the latest version worked flawless for me... i installed a ROM from the most recent 5067 kitchen and you just have to go into the ftouchflo config and tell it to enable at startup and you should be good to go..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan