PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800 dcd 3.2.6 radio 3.42.50
Carrier: alltel

docmofro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uploading is realllllly slow.

I am having trouble sending email, posting, etc... anything dealing with uploading/sending information while Internet Sharing connection/USB. I decided to run a test using various sites and here is one of them.

I have the dcd 3.0.1, radio 3.35.04. I have the latest PRL as well. I did a search and pretty much have everything done as it should (dcd did the tweaking, e.g., tcp settings).

There is one thing that I did not have that others with my radio do have, the RevA setting in EPST. Under the 'data parameters', I only have the 'packet dial string'. A quick search shows that with sprint users, that can be erased with sprint restore program. However, I am an ALLTEL user and never used that before.

Any ideas on how to increase my upload? I am in Tampa, a RevA place. What am I missing or is this normal and just noticing it.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docmofro is a n00b
Re: Uploading is realllllly slow.

I just noticed this. Looking at my ip addresses everytime I connect: sometimes alltel ip, sometimes verizon, occasionally sprint. Note: I am in the same place. The latency changes, but still same problem.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have Alltel for my wife and kids and Sprint through my office. I can tell you that where I live (Toledo, OH) Alltel data connections are via Sprint, as Alltel has not built out their own in my area. I have also heard that the same is the case in many other areas. Sprint has a bi-latteral agreement with Verizon for data sharing.

So there may be an issue with the provisioning between Alltel and Sprint or Alltel and Verizon in your area. I highly doubt that both Sprint and Verizon are having problems in your area... I would bet that it is Alltel.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docmofro is a n00b

One thing that is clear though, using a prl that is not for my device, prl 40036 (faster dl/slow up) is way better, than the one i'm suppose to use prl 30031 (slow dl/slow up).

I'm just wondering what happened to the RevA setting in the EPST. I'm afraid to reflash since this is my only method to contact the world currently.

I'll hard reset and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docmofro is a n00b

After hard reset, I ran them 3x under different prl with same conditions (usb connection, no other programs).
w/ prl 30031

w/ prl 40036

Sigh, it was better b4 at downloading. Both still are aweful in uploading anything. Oh well.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docmofro is a n00b

Alright, I couldn't let it this go, so I tried several things. Upgraded the radio: alltel 3.37.2 (didn't do much), then tried sprints 3.39.10 (also not much help).

So, I decided to go back to stock alltel (2.14.### Radio 1.40) and upgrade to the new Alltel ROM and Radio together (3.35.67 Radio 3.37.2). That helped a lot and I still haven't even played with the settings yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan