PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

tradegames45.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Words of wisdom for a rookie

What's up everybody? I have been contemplating flashing to a custom rom, but have not had the balls to do it? I read in the different threads about people bricking their phones and have not had the courage to try it? So is anybody here from Indianapolis, IN and willing to meet up with me so I can see a custome flash up close? Then could someone walk me through the steps of flashing in person? I read all the forums on flashing, but just don't want to risk bricking my phone. So if one of you pros from Indianapolis, IN would meet up with me and help I would gladly throw you a couple of dollars.

Thanks for the help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Words of wisdom for a rookie

i would be happy to give you a call and help you out. i have flashed ROMs on my titan more times than i can count and on my touch its still countable but ive lost track. i still have two very stable phones. it wouldnt both me calling because i have the unlimited plan from sprint.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradegames45.com View Post
What's up everybody? I have been contemplating flashing to a custom rom, but have not had the balls to do it? I read in the different threads about people bricking their phones and have not had the courage to try it? So is anybody here from Indianapolis, IN and willing to meet up with me so I can see a custome flash up close? Then could someone walk me through the steps of flashing in person? I read all the forums on flashing, but just don't want to risk bricking my phone. So if one of you pros from Indianapolis, IN would meet up with me and help I would gladly throw you a couple of dollars.

Thanks for the help
well you get a free thanks since i clicked the wrong button

anyways flashing a rom is super easy and super safe these days... its pretty hard to brick a phone anymore and with all the stuff that the great developers have come up with, they have pretty much found a way to dig you out of any ditch you can possibly put yourself in...

shoot me an AIM or something later and i can walk you through it shouldnt take but half hour... ive flashed a few phones in my day
Old 05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

rbibb04 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rbibb04

well, i'm just taking an opportunity to not have my thread thrown away. i have some problems myself. flashing is not my problem. it's just when you all start talking about OEMs and registries that really get me to just say "F" it and do what i can based on what i read. like the nbh files. sure i can extract the RUU and insert the nbh, but how do i get it back to being the original set-up file so i can click on it and have it install that way? i haven't posted in a while because i read as you all have "generously" (for lack of a better word) told me to. i even looked on youtube for a tutorial, but it's just people on there showing off their phones after the fact, but no instruction. if i had a video tutorial, i think that would help more. as much as you all post links for files, why does nobody ever do a video tutorial.. or do i need to read some more to find those?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan