PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alternative Wireless Switch Uses

I tried searching the forums for a program/registry hack to see if i could try and use the 6800 wireless switch for uses besides turning on/off the wireless. Since I never use the wireless card in the 6800 as I already have unlimited data I was hoping to use it for flight mode on/off. I guess not being able to find anything on this matter probably answer my question already, but I was wondering if anyone found something that could do this. I'm worried that the switch however is tied to a physical on/off to the actual internal wireless in the 6800, but hopefully not.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 05-27-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Re: Alternative Wireless Switch Uses

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I tried searching the forums for a program/registry hack to see if i could try and use the 6800 wireless switch for uses besides turning on/off the wireless. Since I never use the wireless card in the 6800 as I already have unlimited data I was hoping to use it for flight mode on/off. I guess not being able to find anything on this matter probably answer my question already, but I was wondering if anyone found something that could do this. I'm worried that the switch however is tied to a physical on/off to the actual internal wireless in the 6800, but hopefully not.
i dont believe we ever found a way to change this... we wanted to make it a volume switch for a longgggg time never were able to do it from what i remember sorry
Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b

Yeah. I'd love to turn it into an ON/MUTE switch like what my Treo had. That's one business-unfriendly thing about the Titan -- no dedicated mute button. And that's really key for any business smartphone. Walk into a broadroom and don't even have to take it out of your pocket to silence all interruptions.

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
Yeah. I'd love to turn it into an ON/MUTE switch like what my Treo had. That's one business-unfriendly thing about the Titan -- no dedicated mute button. And that's really key for any business smartphone. Walk into a broadroom and don't even have to take it out of your pocket to silence all interruptions.
i wrote an app to fix that lol... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5304

back to the topic
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

aww well, thats unfortunate that the switch will likely remain useless for me for a while, though i don't really use the hardware shortcuts. I've already set the voice command and comm managers to left/right softkeys as i like being able to use my phone with one hand, manipulating it using the sides.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan