PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Won't Charge...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27538)

jim2561 05-25-2008 02:32 AM

Won't Charge...?

Hey all, I'm a vogue user myself, but my little brother has a mogul and has a problem with that mogul....

Recently, it just will not charge, and wont recognize being plugged into a usb port. i have tried a few things but...im not really sure what i can try. we have tried resetting, hard resetting, and sticking it in the b/l but with no success...any ideas anyone?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

ps. the charging LED never comes on either...but the led does/will work. we have tried plugging into ac as well as usb, both with nothing. the b/l does not recognize being plugged into usb.

sorry if this has been posted about before, i ran a few quick searches but...came up empty.

he also says that he has not recently dropped it or gotten it wet or anything of the kind. there is nothing stuck/jammed into the port and the pins look to be fine under a crappy magnifying glass....?

thx.

Hauk 05-25-2008 02:52 AM

Re: Won't Charge...?

That sounds like there is a bad connection to the usb port, you will need to take it down to a sprint repair center to get it looked at, you will be covered if the device is under warranty, if not your looking at like 50 bucks at most.

evegirl 05-25-2008 04:43 AM

I had the same problem, I woke up one day (yesterday) and my Mogul was not charging at all, not even the usb cable worked, I was pretty upset. I took it today to a Sprint service center and they were able to give me another one (brand new) for 37 bucks. The reason I received a new one was because there were no Moguls available at the warehouse. RIGHT now i'm just installing programs.
I don't why my phone stopped working, but a day before I installed a program and it started acting weird, so I dont know if that was the cause it stopped working

saltytostitos 05-25-2008 11:20 AM

check the pins where you plug in your cable to your phone. they are most likely bent. careful when you soft boot!

SBR_L3GION 05-25-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltytostitos (Post 294829)
check the pins where you plug in your cable to your phone. they are most likely bent. careful when you soft boot!

this is a good point but he did say he checked the pins. i remember when ever i used to use my mogul alot (i now have a touch activated on my account instead of a mogul) i could soft reset and not even look at it but when you own a mogul that is a skill easily developed with a mogul but near the end of using alot i got a soft reset program so i could soft reset without using the stylus.

yamus08 05-25-2008 11:59 AM

I had the same issue with the touch that I had before I got my mogul. I would notice that when I was trying to sync, it would always disconnect and reconnect if I barely touched it. All of the pins looked like they were in line but eventually I couldn't get any type of connection. Took it to Sprint and had it replaced.

jim2561 05-25-2008 07:28 PM

thanks a lot for all your input everyone. i appreciate it. looks like i will be taking a trip to the sprint store after reflashing via sd!

thanks guys. (and girls)

vestaviajag 07-30-2008 11:35 AM

Quick question, addition to this post.

I woke up this morning with the same exact problem. The battery was dying when I went to bed, and since I was at the gf's last night, I didn't have a charger. When I woke up the phone was at like 8%. I tried plugging it into my car charger, it didn't start charging. I got home, used my USB, nothing. Same with my wall charger. It finally died on the way to class, and now won't even turn on.

I could take it to the Alltel store, as the phone is at most 4 months old, problem is I'm running a cooked ROM, and if I remember correctly, that voids the warranty. What are my options? My phone is my life, so I'm SOL till I fix it. Thanks for ya'll help!

shayes5 07-30-2008 12:56 PM

Try teking the battery out and charging it in the cradle. then reflash via SD and get it exchanged.

jim2561 07-31-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestaviajag (Post 365442)
Quick question, addition to this post.

I woke up this morning with the same exact problem. The battery was dying when I went to bed, and since I was at the gf's last night, I didn't have a charger. When I woke up the phone was at like 8%. I tried plugging it into my car charger, it didn't start charging. I got home, used my USB, nothing. Same with my wall charger. It finally died on the way to class, and now won't even turn on.

I could take it to the Alltel store, as the phone is at most 4 months old, problem is I'm running a cooked ROM, and if I remember correctly, that voids the warranty. What are my options? My phone is my life, so I'm SOL till I fix it. Thanks for ya'll help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayes5 (Post 365541)
Try teking the battery out and charging it in the cradle. then reflash via SD and get it exchanged.

thats what i ended up having to do, was flash it via sd. just make it quick as possible dont waste any time. good luck man sorry!