PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't Charge...?

Hey all, I'm a vogue user myself, but my little brother has a mogul and has a problem with that mogul....

Recently, it just will not charge, and wont recognize being plugged into a usb port. i have tried a few things but...im not really sure what i can try. we have tried resetting, hard resetting, and sticking it in the b/l but with no success...any ideas anyone?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

ps. the charging LED never comes on either...but the led does/will work. we have tried plugging into ac as well as usb, both with nothing. the b/l does not recognize being plugged into usb.

sorry if this has been posted about before, i ran a few quick searches but...came up empty.

he also says that he has not recently dropped it or gotten it wet or anything of the kind. there is nothing stuck/jammed into the port and the pins look to be fine under a crappy magnifying glass....?

thx.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hauk is just getting started
Re: Won't Charge...?

That sounds like there is a bad connection to the usb port, you will need to take it down to a sprint repair center to get it looked at, you will be covered if the device is under warranty, if not your looking at like 50 bucks at most.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

evegirl is a n00b

I had the same problem, I woke up one day (yesterday) and my Mogul was not charging at all, not even the usb cable worked, I was pretty upset. I took it today to a Sprint service center and they were able to give me another one (brand new) for 37 bucks. The reason I received a new one was because there were no Moguls available at the warehouse. RIGHT now i'm just installing programs.
I don't why my phone stopped working, but a day before I installed a program and it started acting weird, so I dont know if that was the cause it stopped working
Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

saltytostitos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to saltytostitos

check the pins where you plug in your cable to your phone. they are most likely bent. careful when you soft boot!
Installed Apps: SPB Pocket Plus/Backup/Phone Suite, PocketWeather, Codypcc Threaded SMS, Google Maps, Live Search, Arcsoft MMS, Pocket e-Sword, jcandela, CooTek TouchPal KB, Sirius WM5, Conduits Pocket Player, sipchange, Resco Explorer, GetSPC, PointUI Home (testing)
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltytostitos View Post
check the pins where you plug in your cable to your phone. they are most likely bent. careful when you soft boot!
this is a good point but he did say he checked the pins. i remember when ever i used to use my mogul alot (i now have a touch activated on my account instead of a mogul) i could soft reset and not even look at it but when you own a mogul that is a skill easily developed with a mogul but near the end of using alot i got a soft reset program so i could soft reset without using the stylus.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-25-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work

I had the same issue with the touch that I had before I got my mogul. I would notice that when I was trying to sync, it would always disconnect and reconnect if I barely touched it. All of the pins looked like they were in line but eventually I couldn't get any type of connection. Took it to Sprint and had it replaced.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

thanks a lot for all your input everyone. i appreciate it. looks like i will be taking a trip to the sprint store after reflashing via sd!

thanks guys. (and girls)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

Quick question, addition to this post.

I woke up this morning with the same exact problem. The battery was dying when I went to bed, and since I was at the gf's last night, I didn't have a charger. When I woke up the phone was at like 8%. I tried plugging it into my car charger, it didn't start charging. I got home, used my USB, nothing. Same with my wall charger. It finally died on the way to class, and now won't even turn on.

I could take it to the Alltel store, as the phone is at most 4 months old, problem is I'm running a cooked ROM, and if I remember correctly, that voids the warranty. What are my options? My phone is my life, so I'm SOL till I fix it. Thanks for ya'll help!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

shayes5 is a n00b

Try teking the battery out and charging it in the cradle. then reflash via SD and get it exchanged.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
Quick question, addition to this post.

I woke up this morning with the same exact problem. The battery was dying when I went to bed, and since I was at the gf's last night, I didn't have a charger. When I woke up the phone was at like 8%. I tried plugging it into my car charger, it didn't start charging. I got home, used my USB, nothing. Same with my wall charger. It finally died on the way to class, and now won't even turn on.

I could take it to the Alltel store, as the phone is at most 4 months old, problem is I'm running a cooked ROM, and if I remember correctly, that voids the warranty. What are my options? My phone is my life, so I'm SOL till I fix it. Thanks for ya'll help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayes5 View Post
Try teking the battery out and charging it in the cradle. then reflash via SD and get it exchanged.
thats what i ended up having to do, was flash it via sd. just make it quick as possible dont waste any time. good luck man sorry!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan