PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfitzek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS stops working unless I reset

Had a weird issue on my Mogul where the GPS doesn't work unless I press the reset button on the bottom. It just seemed to start and I can't think of anything that was installed that might have caused it.

I'm running
Stock sprint rom 3.35
HTC plugin
nueMinutes
Checking emails every 30 minutes
Only non-stock thing I have installed is SprintTv

I thought at first maybe the sprinttv was doing it, but after a bit of testing that does not seem to be the case.

I use Googlemaps and Telenav and Navizon and have been using them since February with no issues. Only in the last 2 weeks has the GPS stopped working unless I press the reset button on the bottom.

Also, I have my GPS in hybrid mode, but that has been like that for some time with no issues.

Do any of the new Rom's have this problem or has anyone run into this before?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started
Re: GPS stops working unless I reset

Mine is like that too although we share nothing in common as far as apps go.

I use TomTom flawlessly, but then after a few days without using GPS, I must soft reset to get a lock again.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i find that if you don't close the GPS channel and you let your phone standby for too long, it tends to shut off and not give back data until you soft reset. I've not been able to find a way to force the GPS to return data without a soft reset unfortunately, setting the phone to flight mode, and using the hot/warm/cost resets in GPSViewer don't help at all either.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
i find that if you don't close the GPS channel and you let your phone standby for too long, it tends to shut off and not give back data until you soft reset. I've not been able to find a way to force the GPS to return data without a soft reset unfortunately, setting the phone to flight mode, and using the hot/warm/cost resets in GPSViewer don't help at all either.
Have you tried GPSGate? While its not necessary for TomTom it might solve your problem coming out of standby.

Steve
Old 05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Have you tried GPSGate? While its not necessary for TomTom it might solve your problem coming out of standby.

Steve
I've got the same problem and GPSGate wont clear it either. It requires a reset to wake up the GPS.

-Doc
Old 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawrhsdoc View Post
I've got the same problem and GPSGate wont clear it either. It requires a reset to wake up the GPS.

-Doc
Thats weird, as it works perfectly for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan