PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

klozowski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just put my vogue through the wash, how's the titan?

i bought a Vogue on ebay a few weeks back, and totally loved it. using it with Telus where it is known as the 'Touch P3050'. Sadly, in a fine example Murphy's law of 'the things you love most are the things you are most likely to destroy through negligence', I put it through the wash this morning.

I was going to buy a new Vogue, but there's a Titan for sale in my city, auction ending today, so I could pick it up tonight.

How's the Titan compared to the Vogue? The keyboard looks like a bonus but are there any drawbacks I should be aware of?
Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: just put my vogue through the wash, how's the titan?

DONT DO IT!!!!!

If your coming from a touch, i think you will hate it.

If you already had a titan, i would say different...

but who knows you may like it....

see the phone comparison section here, there are TONS of head to heads on the vogue vs mogul....

Dont let anyone talk you either way, make sure you get what YOU want to get...there are mogul and vogue fanboys that will bash the other one, (lol who am i to talk), simply put both have their pros and cons, go read about them and then make YOUR DECISION!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can't believe I'm saying this (lol) but I agree.

If you liked the Touch before, probably a good idea to stick with it.

Both are excellent devices (esp. with the custom ROMS) but they are distinctly different. There are compelling reasons to chose one over the others but it totally depends on your preference (ie. what's more important to you... keyboard, size, weight, wifi etc...)
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

just dont start a "Which is better" thread. success! But like the man said, its all personal preference, and there's lots of threads that have great info. Both are great phones. Touch=more ram + maybe better form factor. Titan=wifi+slide out keyboard. dschoenike

Old 05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
just dont start a "Which is better" thread. success! But like the man said, its all personal preference, and there's lots of threads that have great info. Both are great phones. Touch=more ram + maybe better form factor. Titan=wifi+slide out keyboard. dschoenike
right, thats why i told him to hit those comparison forums as there are plenty of "which is better" threads...

In all seriousness...if he had a touch b4, chances are he wont like the mogul b/c of the size and lack of memory...

now if the thread was "mogul in the wash, should i vouge??" then it would be different.

Your absolutely right, both are awesome devices in their own respects...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

klozowski is a n00b

hi guys, i bought the titan. here are my thoughts. form factor on the vogue is (obviously) better. much more elegant device. the titan is a big unwiedlgy brick, biggest phone i've ever owned, although probably similar form factor to an iphone, for example.

really like the hard keyboard, and i realize that accounts for a large part of the size, and i love all the extra buttons. to be perfectly frank WM6 just isn't that thumb friendly unless you've got tiny little hands. i especially had trouble selecting radio buttons and checkboxes on my vogue without the stylus, lame.

at the end of the day the size isn't an issue -- the real question is this: does the keyboard and the great 'don't-use-the-touchscreen-if-you-don't-want-to' controls make up for the fact that 64MB of RAM is REALLY LAME for a device of that size with that big a battery? how old is the titan? what's the excuse -- seriously!

enough griping though, i used buildOS for the first time to load the no2chem's 5067 kitchen. WOAH GUYS! very pro. it's amazing that enthusiasts make this, let me know where to contribute.

a few complaints about the kitchen i built from no2chem's 5067. i'll do searches for these but if anyone has answers off hand or can direct me to some i'd be most appreciative. automatic prepend doesn't work, even though it's turned on, and the dialler appears at random (using HTC dialler), at any given time.

oh, and what's the best memory reclaiming application/strategy? right now i'm using the htc task managet to quit apps, and rebooting nightly, but something else that requires less thinking would be marvelous.

i'm looking forward to the raphael , loving HTC right now!

i'm off to throw in a few $$$ for a contribution for all the benefits i have received thanks to the community, thanks guys!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozowski View Post
hi guys, i bought the titan. here are my thoughts. form factor on the vogue is (obviously) better. much more elegant device. the titan is a big unwiedlgy brick, biggest phone i've ever owned, although probably similar form factor to an iphone, for example.

really like the hard keyboard, and i realize that accounts for a large part of the size, and i love all the extra buttons. to be perfectly frank WM6 just isn't that thumb friendly unless you've got tiny little hands. i especially had trouble selecting radio buttons and checkboxes on my vogue without the stylus, lame.

at the end of the day the size isn't an issue -- the real question is this: does the keyboard and the great 'don't-use-the-touchscreen-if-you-don't-want-to' controls make up for the fact that 64MB of RAM is REALLY LAME for a device of that size with that big a battery? how old is the titan? what's the excuse -- seriously!

enough griping though, i used buildOS for the first time to load the no2chem's 5067 kitchen. WOAH GUYS! very pro. it's amazing that enthusiasts make this, let me know where to contribute.

a few complaints about the kitchen i built from no2chem's 5067. i'll do searches for these but if anyone has answers off hand or can direct me to some i'd be most appreciative. automatic prepend doesn't work, even though it's turned on, and the dialler appears at random (using HTC dialler), at any given time.

oh, and what's the best memory reclaiming application/strategy? right now i'm using the htc task managet to quit apps, and rebooting nightly, but something else that requires less thinking would be marvelous.

i'm off to throw in a few $$$ for a contribution for all the benefits i have received thanks to the community, thanks guys!
nice write up. welcome aboard
Old 05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

aledc78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozowski View Post

I use Oxios CloseApps, I love it, its a program that will close everything, also even when ereything is closed, it will still give you some extra free ram.. don't know how it works.. but it works...

I'm accepting donations if you are felling generous, they wouldnt hurt when I just finished today dumping $50 to fill up the tank of my 2 door ford focus!

I still have a question... whats better, the touch or the mogul?

... no need to answer, I dont want to start any riots in this thread...
Old 05-23-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started

To many problems with the titan. memory leaks etc... to bulky.. I hated it personally .. the touch is a much nicer phone
Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I got pounded in another PPC site with having to say that choosing your device is a personal preference. They all use mogul including admins. I am a touch user. So obviously I would say get a touch. No offense to fanboys but mogul aka titan is over a year old. It's in the brink of extinction. If you get a titan, You would customize it to look like the touch anyways. So why bother? If you like the look and feel of an iphone kinda device, Then go with the touch. if your a heavy texter or a chatter then go with the titan. You will need a lo of thumbtyping for that. In overall performance, I'll "Touch" it if I were you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan