PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   MUSIC WHEN CALLS PLACED ON HOLD on Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27056)

MichiganEnigma 05-19-2008 10:07 PM

MUSIC WHEN CALLS PLACED ON HOLD on Mogul

Does anyone know of any pocket pc applications which allows music to be played when calls are placed on hold. Or if someone is writing or planning to make this a reality?

sfenech 05-21-2008 04:15 PM

Re: MUSIC WHEN CALLS PLACED ON HOLD on Mogul

I have never heard of it but it would be a pretty cool application. I don't think it would be possible though.

mecreyes 05-21-2008 05:58 PM

haha, great idea...find some Muzak for the music. I second this request.

However, I think that this concept is beyond our control and dependent on the carrier.

medinatwin 05-21-2008 06:11 PM

I think this is really cool, but after thinking about it, it might require a separate "feed" to constantly play music when on hold. The "music" source has to constantly play in the background and only activated when putting the caller on hold. I guess they need to integrate a separate chip, just for "music on hold" thats always playing. I guess you can store it on a memory card, but you would need to switch between two sources, one for talking and one for music. This can probably work! If anyone is familiar with phone systems, you need to provide a music source that is always playing, so I think it can be made to fit on a chip and when the caller is on hold, it activates the chip and play the song or in this case MUSIC!

I think Im dropping too much science here! sorry for letting my GEEK side go all out!!

LATE,
TWIN

Yearziro 05-21-2008 07:21 PM

i doubt it would ever happen since it would be a nightmare to implement and there wouldnt be much of a return on it like most phone systems you would have to have a system or a line that would run along side your phone line at the networks end so when they were put on hold they would be transfered to the side with music but hey stranger things have happened

maggyban 05-21-2008 07:33 PM

Kool concept.

piranah 05-21-2008 08:07 PM

verizon has it...called ring back tones..

medinatwin 05-21-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 291308)
verizon has it...called ring back tones..

No he's talking about if you call me and I put you on hold, all you hear is silence. Now i believe that verizons Ringback tones is only when I start calling someone and instead of hearing a normal ring, ring, ring, it plays a song of choice. Im not sure if it works while on a call and then they place you on hold.. you hear music instead of silence.... Can you verify this when you place the other person on hold, they hear music? Im on the Sprint network, so no way for me to verify it.

Late,
TWIN

Baffles 05-21-2008 08:19 PM

"Please enjoy the song while your party talks to someone else...."

medinatwin 05-21-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 291314)
"Please enjoy the song while your party talks to someone else...."

AND...... it gets VERIFIED!! verizon wins this one! What is Sprint waiting for?

LATE,
TWIN