PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

zak99999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is the 6800 w/new ROM better than 6700 w/new ROM? see specific questions.

I'm considering buying the sprint mogul. I currently have the 6700 which I keep updated with the lastest kitchen (WM6.1). All of the comparisons I've found by searching are from when the 6800 first came out. I'm looking for your thoughts on a 6800 with the latest kitchen and how that compares against the 6700.

I'm wondering if some of the earlier complaints of the 6800 have been fixed by newer ROMs. Some early complaints I heard are:
6800 is slower than 6700
6800 bluetooth is very buggy
6800 volume on today screen can't be controlled by wheel 6800 tethering usage can be detected by Sprint where it could not be on the 6700

The reasons I want to upgrade are:
smaller form factor
built in GPS

I'm assuming that since the 6800 has more ROM, I can cook a lot more into the kitchen. Correct?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Is the 6800 w/new ROM better than 6700 w/new ROM? see specific questions.

I remember the 6800 was a huge upgrade from the 6700. All of those things are not an issue. The battery life is also much much better than i remember on the 6700. The only thing is the ram at 64 mb which might not be a problem for you. If i where you I would wait for the next HTC phone to come out since it should be soon...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

its all subjective but i am a long time 6700 user and i recently upgraded to the 6800 and though there are things i wish the 6800 had/can do, it's still twice the device my 6700's were. see this thread for more detail...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...114#post265114

PS the black text on this dark blue back ground aint workin so well... just FYI
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

kennybain is a n00b

My first PPC was a Sprint 6700 flashed to Alltel (helmi_c). I bought a new battery and I could operate it for about 12 hours. I now have the Alltel 6800 (stock ROM) and my battery life is 36 hours - which lets me use it for 2 days straight.

With the stock Alltel ROM, the GPS now works, and it is simply fantastic. The ONLY shortcoming is no turn-by-turn voice instructions, but I am sure that will happen in a matter of time.

The 6800 is not slower than my 6700. I've never encountered this. However, if some stock ROMs were slower, I am sure the cooked ones will be faster (at least that was my experience with the 6700).

Good luck! You definitely won't regret the upgrade.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b
Smile Re: Is the 6800 w/new ROM better than 6700 w/new ROM? see specific questions.

6800 is much better. It's so nice having GPS built into the device that actually works... My old bluetooth GPS will now collect dust permanently. Also, the screen is much brighter, and at the off setting, it still is visible which is very nice. also the screen seems crisper.

iGuidance 4.0 does street by street and it works great on my 6800.

the memory card seems to "lock" in better, i always had problems with my mini to micro sd card "getting recognized" by the system.

The battery life is amazing. Also the battery is measured by 1% increments, not 10% anymore.

I thought I'd miss my 6700 but its only been 2 weeks and I will never look back.

I did the sprint 50 insurance upgrade too btw. they seem to be giving them away because my girl and my buddy did the same thing.

oh last thing. the stylus is much nicer, it telescopes in and out and fits very snug in the device. I think HTC learned a lot of lessons with the 6700 stylus.

did I mention it has GPS?

LOL

Copy
Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b
Smile Re: Is the 6800 w/new ROM better than 6700 w/new ROM? see specific questions.

oh yeah.. it can cook WAY MORE into the kitchen.. WAAAAAAAAY.

I am still trying to find things to oem and add to it and it is still not all the way full.

And also the joystick is much better being flat. Much.

Copy
Old 05-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

there's no comparison here. i moved from an apache to mogul about 7 months ago and dont regret it one bit... go get your mogul!

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan