PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

ebysoccer08 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy XV6800 mini usb jack quit working

I bought one of those mini usb to 3.5 mm headphone adapter things, hooked it up and it worked fine. Ever since, to get the phone to charge, I have to sit there and shove the plug into the jack at an upward angle. The phone charges in this way, but still won't sync at all. The included Y-adapter now does nothing to help me, but headphones work through it too.

I don't want to swap for a new phone, I have this one's ROM and everything customized. Anyone else had this problem and figured anything out? thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ECNiz is a n00b
Re: XV6800 mini usb jack quit working

Your usb connector is bad, you either need to get a new connector installed, or swap the phone. These guys can fix it: http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...updateunit.htm

$79 + shipping. But if you're under warranty or insurance, you're better off swapping it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ebysoccer08 is a n00b

OK, the problem was only that one of the pins was bent under another inside the tiny port. This is what I figured out, if anyone else runs across this:

There are five metal pins on top of the little plastic tab inside the port (these are for the mini USB (both charging and syncing))
Then there are six pins on the bottom of the tab (for audio (headsets and headphones))

So, depending on what an adapter utilizes (one, the other, or both), they will only have connections on the corresponding sides.

The best advice is when plugging in aftermarket adapters, make sure there is nothing on the inside of them that will throw things out of line for all adapters to come. Also, at least the first few times, push the adapter in very gently, if you feel much resistance, don't force it; pull it out, adjust it a little, and push it gently again.

I don't think this is a major recurring problem with this piece of technology, I just had bad luck. So thank god I figured it out, and I hope everyone else can avoid this.

Last edited by ebysoccer08; 05-19-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for posting this. I just bid on one of those adapters from eBay, but now I am rethinking using it. Good thing I'll only be out $5.

My mini-usb jack breaking was the whole reason I got the 6800, so I am trying to be as careful as possible with it.

Where did you get it from, and was the connector the exact shape of the port, or was it the standard mini-USB shape like the 6700 and Razr?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan