PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel
Threadstarter

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Maps v2.1.0.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
its actually 2.2.0.16,Thanks for the tip. and about the speech recognition with live, i don't know if my voice is to deep but it doesn't understand a word I say, I also notice this when I call sprint. I have to talk as soft as possible.
Fixed. Thanks!
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100
Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Google Maps v2.2.0.16

I'm really liking the fact that it now shows an arrow pointing at the direction you're travelling in.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

So it still doesn't have turn by turn and distance count down like live search? I like live search better for this reason.

The only two down falls with live search is that I hate how it prompts you to name your current GPS location. I just want it to find my current GPS location so that I can search for nearby stuff and not prompt me to enter a name for it everytime. Google does this and doesn't make me have to name my location unless I want to. I always have to overwrite "Current GPS" location and it's annoying.

And the other thing is it doesn't keep your direction always pointing north while using GPS. Yes you can still know which direction you're heading but it would be nice if it would always keep the map heading the same direction you are driving.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
So it still doesn't have turn by turn and distance count down like live search? I like live search better for this reason.

The only two down falls with live search is that I hate how it prompts you to name your current GPS location. I just want it to find my current GPS location so that I can search for nearby stuff and not prompt me to enter a name for it everytime. Google does this and doesn't make me have to name my location unless I want to. I always have to overwrite "Current GPS" location and it's annoying. Mine does not do this.....it always says GPS Location...no naming it at all.....all I do is Choose New Location it locks...click done....and then search for anything I need to....

And the other thing is it doesn't keep your direction always pointing north while using GPS. Yes you can still know which direction you're heading but it would be nice if it would always keep the map heading the same direction you are driving.
I agree on the 2nd issue....kind of annoying.....

Last edited by flyers2114; 08-06-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:

The only two down falls with live search is that I hate how it prompts you to name your current GPS location. I just want it to find my current GPS location so that I can search for nearby stuff and not prompt me to enter a name for it everytime. Google does this and doesn't make me have to name my location unless I want to. I always have to overwrite "Current GPS" location and it's annoying.

yea if only it kept it going up...no matter which direction u're traveling. google maps nor live search does this.

yet and still looking at it from an 'overall' standpoint, google maps and live search are better then the pay programs. although telenav is a pretty nice pay one.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

goggle map is not too bad i got it on my ppc

Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G,Touch Pro, Mogul, Asus A730W, Ipaq5150
Carrier: SPRINT

fsubartender is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to fsubartender Send a message via MSN to fsubartender Send a message via Yahoo to fsubartender

Is there any way to use the geocaching .kml files used in Google Earth?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 AM
N00b

ktwombley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifiling View Post
yea if only it kept it going up...no matter which direction u're traveling. google maps nor live search does this.
Man if they do add that feature, I hope they make it user-selectable. I was never happier with my car's navigation as when I learned I could turn that damn thing off
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I agree on the 2nd issue....kind of annoying.....

That's what i'm talking about. It gives you a choice to name your current GPS location. It defaults to "GPS location" and you can just accept that. But the next time you use it to find your GPS location it'll ask you to overwrite the existing "GPS location" since you already have it saved in the app. THAT'S what is so annoying, having to always overwrite the previous GPS location.

I don't want to have to save/name EVERY GPS location search that I do as most of the time i'm never going to have to use it again.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
That's what i'm talking about. It gives you a choice to name your current GPS location. It defaults to "GPS location" and you can just accept that. But the next time you use it to find your GPS location it'll ask you to overwrite the existing "GPS location" since you already have it saved in the app. THAT'S what is so annoying, having to always overwrite the previous GPS location.

I don't want to have to save/name EVERY GPS location search that I do as most of the time i'm never going to have to use it again.
K...I understand now....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan