PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Few Questions for 6800 Users

Evening all,

I have a new XV6800 and I love the new device. I have spent a couple days on it, and have a fully functional, tricked out 6800 based on the 5060 kitchen.

I do have a couple of questions that I am hoping 6800 users can help answer:

1) For VZW 6800 users do you know how to permanently remove the VZW Today plugin that comes up with the phone icon. Its annoying to me and takes valuable Today real estate. I can manually turn it off, and have found the appropriate reg entry to disable it, but it seems to override my personal OEM that has the reg entry to disable.

2) Has anyone figured out how to modify the signature for Outlook email, as it has the stock Windows Mobile signature and I would love to build my own signature into my personal OEM. Better yet if Tiermann reads this why not add this capability to the OEMizer. I am betting I am not the first to ask this.

3) Has anyone figured out where the reg entries for GPSGate reside. I have been up and down a dump of my reg and for the life of me cannot find it. My eyes are weary.

4) Does anyone know of a tool to customize the look of the MultiStatus Today plugin from VerizonGuy? I would love to bold the indicators, and setup colorization when emails or text messages arrive.

5) Has anyone done any battery testing with a fully loaded 6800 with Wifi, BT, and GPS operational? I have the 2200MaH battery in my device and the battery life looks good but I have not fully exercised it yet. Any tweaks I should be aware of to help battery life?

I think thats it. Once I find a new job I plan on contributing heavily to those who have provided us with great kitchens, tools, etc. On the other hand if anyone needs testing of anything I have plenty of time to do this now. Feel free to PM me if you would like to get me involved. I would love to help where I can.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 05-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan