PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

blisk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue user looking for an answer about Rev A...

Since the update enabling Rev A on the Mogul everyone has been able to download data while on a cell phone call, is that correct? I had a mogul briefly (with the dropped calls on the vogue lately I feel this has been a mistake to have switched), but I had it after the update came out and I distinctly remember this being possible. I ask because it seems there is something tower side sprint needs to enable when our leaked rev a radios go offical, the vogue isn't capable of this, or I'm wrong about being able to do this. Anyway thanks for answers.

Last edited by blisk; 05-18-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: Vogue user looking for an answer about Rev A...

Rev. A does not allow simultaneous data and voice connections. It is possible, but that is a carrier enabled option that Sprint has not implemted and likely will not.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i dont know if it is exactly a carrier option to enable this, because carriers cannot control this OTA, from what i know. but there would almost definitely be some sort of registry edit implemented by one of their ROM upgrades if they chose to enable it.

i read that someone enabled it on the 6700, but there has yet to be a working edit for the 6800. sorry.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Almost a VIP

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is my guess that if it is somehow possible at the moment, it would be a 1x connection.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
i read that someone enabled it on the 6700, but there has yet to be a working edit for the 6800. sorry.
A few people have made misleading posts. The 6700 cannot do simultaneous voice and data. The confusion comes because at one point it could not receive incoming calls when an EVDO data session was going. There was a "ring-through" registry edit that allowed the devices to pause the data connection and receive the incoming call. This is what is now normal behavior for all our phones. The 6700 also started life not being able to have the WiFi and cell connections going simultaneously. Another simple reg edit fixed that.

At no time could the 6700 have concurrent (cellular) voice and data connections though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
It is my guess that if it is somehow possible at the moment, it would be a 1x connection.
All voice goes over 1x (unless your talking about a separate VOIP setup). You just can't have 1x and EVDO going over the same radio at the same time.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

well i do remember hearing that you are supposed to in fact be able to download data while on a voice call, maybe we cant do it because we have a leaked rom instead of an official one, but i def remember talking about this with tech support (when i was working for sprint)

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP

I as referring to 1x as being used simultaneous for voice and data. 1x for data would blow anyways. =p
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I wish people would stop making things up.

It is NOT possible to have simultaneous voice and data on any CDMA technology that currently is in deployment! The technology to enable that, EV-DV, was killed years ago due to lack of interest.

Sorry folks but you will not see simultaneous voice and data on CDMA until WiMax - and I think even then it will be worthless due to power consumption.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan