PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vogue user looking for an answer about Rev A... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26936)

blisk 05-18-2008 08:01 PM

Vogue user looking for an answer about Rev A...

Since the update enabling Rev A on the Mogul everyone has been able to download data while on a cell phone call, is that correct? I had a mogul briefly (with the dropped calls on the vogue lately I feel this has been a mistake to have switched), but I had it after the update came out and I distinctly remember this being possible. I ask because it seems there is something tower side sprint needs to enable when our leaked rev a radios go offical, the vogue isn't capable of this, or I'm wrong about being able to do this. Anyway thanks for answers.

wILLk0r3 818 05-19-2008 12:33 AM

Re: Vogue user looking for an answer about Rev A...

Rev. A does not allow simultaneous data and voice connections. It is possible, but that is a carrier enabled option that Sprint has not implemted and likely will not.

nick aguas 05-19-2008 12:40 AM

i dont know if it is exactly a carrier option to enable this, because carriers cannot control this OTA, from what i know. but there would almost definitely be some sort of registry edit implemented by one of their ROM upgrades if they chose to enable it.

i read that someone enabled it on the 6700, but there has yet to be a working edit for the 6800. sorry.

wILLk0r3 818 05-19-2008 12:43 AM

It is my guess that if it is somehow possible at the moment, it would be a 1x connection.

bedoig 05-19-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick aguas (Post 287517)
i read that someone enabled it on the 6700, but there has yet to be a working edit for the 6800. sorry.

A few people have made misleading posts. The 6700 cannot do simultaneous voice and data. The confusion comes because at one point it could not receive incoming calls when an EVDO data session was going. There was a "ring-through" registry edit that allowed the devices to pause the data connection and receive the incoming call. This is what is now normal behavior for all our phones. The 6700 also started life not being able to have the WiFi and cell connections going simultaneously. Another simple reg edit fixed that.

At no time could the 6700 have concurrent (cellular) voice and data connections though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 (Post 287524)
It is my guess that if it is somehow possible at the moment, it would be a 1x connection.

All voice goes over 1x (unless your talking about a separate VOIP setup). You just can't have 1x and EVDO going over the same radio at the same time.

blue4shizzle 05-19-2008 10:45 AM

well i do remember hearing that you are supposed to in fact be able to download data while on a voice call, maybe we cant do it because we have a leaked rom instead of an official one, but i def remember talking about this with tech support (when i was working for sprint)

wILLk0r3 818 05-19-2008 10:12 PM

I as referring to 1x as being used simultaneous for voice and data. 1x for data would blow anyways. =p

EtherealRemnant 05-19-2008 10:30 PM

I wish people would stop making things up.

It is NOT possible to have simultaneous voice and data on any CDMA technology that currently is in deployment! The technology to enable that, EV-DV, was killed years ago due to lack of interest.

Sorry folks but you will not see simultaneous voice and data on CDMA until WiMax - and I think even then it will be worthless due to power consumption.