PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb View Post
Former Mogul user here as well..

I too got frustrated with the constant issues..it seemed like I was always waiting for the next official or beta rom..then I was always waiting for the next hacked rom..then, again, waiting for a new official/beta rom..on and on and on. My main gripes with the phone were never fixed, though more features kept being added.

Eventually, I had enough. Sold my mogul on ebay. Bought a Palm Centro.

The Centro's not as flashy as the Mogul, it lacks GPS and WiFi. But you know what? It's fast as hell. It never crashes. I get threaded SMS built in, and easy as heck to use MMS. Blazer (the web browser) isn't perfect, but it beats the crap out of PIE. Sprint TV works straight away, email and IM included.

I couldn't be happier. The Centro works beautifully - I only wish I had changed sooner.

Now, I will say I do miss the PPC community..I lurk here all the time now, just hoping/waiting for a new phone to bring me back! On that list is the HTC Raphael and the Palm 800W. We'll see how these phones fare, though I have a feeling they may both dissappoint.

Blazer better thAn PIE????? Yeah RIGHT!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

klubhead is becoming a great contributor
Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

i feel your pain integra.. i only had my mogul for about 3 weeks now and i'm already very disappointed. before the mogul, i had the tmo dash, and now it seems as if i have a dash with a touch screen (and that's not a good thing). hopefully the official sprint rom update will speed things up a bit and fix these redundant problems, or else i might just be looking for a new phone.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour/ Treo Pro
Threadstarter

integra144 is a n00b

I am leaving Mogul. Sprint was not help they told me call Assurion Phone Insurance. Sprint SUCKS AT COSUMTER SERVICE. I was pretty much told after 30days if you are having problems regarding the phone either call insurance or the manufacturer. They used a car as an example, but I was like a car does not make you pay a monthly fee and tell you what phone/ oil you can and cant use. I should have recorded this conversation. In 9 months when my contract ends RUNNING back to Verzion even though it will cost me $50 more a month.

Anyways assurions is great!!! The rep said should would make a one time courtesy change to a BB 8330.

Random, but when I was VZW when the phone phone kept on having issues the rep at the store offered to switch me to another model. At Sprint the store could careless once you buy your phone. They either tell you a buy another phone or go to the repair center. Which I did to the Mogul when my 700wx was having issues. Paid $549. The repair center does not fix you phone, but just replace it. They then tell me to call Sprint CS myself. Sprint is great for everything else this is my first issue with them real issue not a small bill issue, etc. SPRINT SUCKS

Last edited by integra144; 05-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Thumbs down Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwad View Post
I am running on the latest Sprint ROM 3.35. The 64Mb of inadequate RAM is the main problem with the Mogul. It is an inferior product and there is not a ROM upgrade in June or any other month that is going to increase the RAM!! It is like trying to run Windows XP with 128Mb of RAM or a 56K dial-up modem instead of DSL to cruise the Internet. It just won't work.
HTC failed to do their home work or it would have a minimum of 128Mb of RAM. With the chip technology today, it could have been done. HTC obviously only field tested the Mogul as a phone and not a Pocket PC running applications that need RAM. Furthermore, HTC failed to build in a memory manager that would reclaim no longer used RAM. Instead HTC allows it to just leak away, requiring constant soft resets. If I sound angry, I am tired of messing with this piece of junk. For those of you out there that think the Mogul is the best thing since sliced bread, then make me a handsome offer to purchase my Mogul and we will both be happy. The Mogul is very attractive with GPS and other nice features, such as slick graphics capability, but it just does not and will not ever have enough horsepower to run without constant human intervention (soft resets). It is time to bite the bullet and find something else in the future that works !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm running 3.35 stock on my phone ATM with none of the issues you have. 64MB of ram sucks, but you have to remember WM6 was an afterthought for this phone, it was originally designed for WM5.

The memory management is done by Windows Mobile itself. Memory doesn't just 'leak away' after applications exit, it is reclaimed by the OS. The reason you don't have much room free is because it is being used for caching to speed up the device. Room is made by dropping cache as it is needed, but empty ram is wasted ram. (This response applies to those complaining about Vista's "high memory usage" as well).

My phone has been about 2 weeks without a soft reset, with no major issues. Also, why do you need email checks more often than 5 minutes?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I am leaving Mogul. Sprint was not help they told me call Assurion Phone Insurance. Sprint SUCKS AT COSUMTER SERVICE. I was pretty much told after 30days if you are having problems regarding the phone either call insurance or the manufacturer. They used a car as an example, but I was like a car does not make you pay a monthly fee and tell you what phone/ oil you can and cant use. I should have recorded this conversation. In 9 months when my contract ends RUNNING back to Verzion even though it will cost me $50 more a month.

Anyways assurions is great!!! The rep said should would make a one time courtesy change to a BB 8330.

Random, but when I was VZW when the phone phone kept on having issues the rep at the store offered to switch me to another model. At Sprint the store could careless once you buy your phone. They either tell you a buy another phone or go to the repair center. Which I did to the Mogul when my 700wx was having issues. Paid $549. The repair center does not fix you phone, but just replace it. They then tell me to call Sprint CS myself. Sprint is great for everything else this is my first issue with them real issue not a small bill issue, etc. SPRINT SUCKS
WTF are you talking about with a car?

Also, have fun over at hellizon wireless. You must have had a nice rep, because most reps, no matter what company, won't usually let you just swap phones (unless you're still in some kind of trial period).
Old 05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Odd I have no issues with mine. Have you ever tried any of no2chems 506x roms? I would enjoy 128MB of ram out of the Titan but it is what it is. With my cooked rom from PPCkitchen my Mogul is smokin'

Just My thoughs....

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

i ended up switching to the touch.. i was within 30 days of a new contract so i was able to upgrade for $50 more (got the mogul for $200 with new contract). And i must say, i def. like it a hell of a lot more
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

xtian999 is a n00b

I'm a noob here, but I totally had the same feelings about the Mogul. Actually, the touch was worse. However, I hung in there and upgraded to the latest HTC software and the phone became much more docile. Now I am inspired to keep the phone and with luck, make it the best darn little phone it can be.

By the way, does anyone here offer a "pimp that phone" service? Like a drive-in, drive-out speed shop for Moguls?

Thanks,
Xtian
Old 05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This is a phone defect that I've seen before, you're not alone, actually I see the same errors on palms too odd enough. Go to http://storelocator.sprint.com/Store...earchform.aspx and select phone repair center and put in your zip. If you carry ESRP or TEP there will be no charge. If not it will cost up to $55 to have the phone replaced.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

have you tried using any programs that have easy and quick ways to free up some ram? for example, sk tools has that plus many options which may speed up certain aspects of your phone. quick menu has its 'hibernate' function to free up a couple megs of ram easily. QM also works as a reliable replacement for any task manager bc it really does close programs- and allows exceptions if some progs are desired to stay open. i try to soft reset at least once a day also, i think this just keeps the phone running better and keeps the ram above average.

regarding opening office documents, if you go here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icemobile.mspx you should be able to download the 2007 format to your phone and therfore be able to open all microsoft sorts of word, excel and ppt files.

your other problems do seem (to me) like they are only related to your specific phone. maybe sprint would be willing to get a replacement out to you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan