PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

sounds like a potential touch user coming...it has its eff ups too though...

a blackberry may be a better choice for you man...the curve is probably your best bet if you want to stay with sprint.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

well, looks like i have to second the thoughts of the Curve, but i also have to say that it's the best tool for email as it handles it very well...
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

yea id hafta say the curve for you. but all fones have their ups and downs.
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I also have the task manager to exit application on the X button. Sprint told me that would help make it more stable, but no luck after I went home.

The Problems I am Having.
1. Devices freezes if left on over night or just randomly. MOST ANNOYING PROBLEM
2. Text Messages get dropped after performing a soft reset because device freezes.
3. Email can only sync every 5 minutes.
4. The device becomes sluggish for not apparent reason.
5. The device spazs when turning on and off because I responds to slowly.
6. No picture SMS (Sprints Fault)
Why am I having so many issues. I have never customized ROM or anything and I bought this phone new from Sprint. I have ROM 3.35.651.2 dates 2/22/08 Radio 3.35.04 downloaded from Sprint. Only 2 programs installed Google Maps, and RDcalc Raven Digital (used on 700wx). And 2 emails set up AOL and GMAIL. I sync with Outlook Contacts, Calender, Notes. I have done hard resets multiple times and re flashed the ROM after downloading it from HTC Audiovox site. No help and both files were identical to Sprints.

Can anyone recommended me something? I talk to people with Blackberry and they say there device doesn't even have a soft reset since it doesn't freeze. I have to use this for another 10-12 months.

All I want is to:
Sync with Outlook 2007 (Contacts, Calender, Notes, Task)
A OK Web Browser
Text and Picture Messaging
Can Open Office Files
Email.
STABILITY thats all I want. Nothing more

Thanks
I and many others are running the stock OEM Sprint ROM without the problems you are experiencing. The problems you are having with freezing and boot up sound like either a hardware problem or possibly an incompatible bootloader. When you installed the 3.35 ROM package, did you install an unlocker first? If so, which one? After your upgrade to 3.35, did you reload a backup of the device (such as SPB or Sprite Backup) from before the upgrade? When you hard reset, do you allow the Sprint customizations to run? Those customizations install some of the features you want, such as Mobile Office. Also, the stock 3.35 ROM comes with Task Manager; if you installed an incompatible auxiliary one, that may be causing some problems.

If you want email to sync more often than every 5 minutes, you will need to use a push email service. I have not used one, but you can search here on PPCGeeks for "push email" and will probably find some info.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: I hate my MOGUL!!! HELP ME PLEASE... THIS DEVICE IS GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I am not a power user, I just want a phone that works. Maybe I am not doing something right, everyone I talk to seems to love there phone. Then again those people tend to be computer savy. I went to Sprint and they want me to buy another device outright. I had the 700wx (no HTML email) and I was told the Mogul had a new OS so it was better and I bought the Mogul outright for $549 and now they want me to do it again for a Blackberry Curve $600. A bit to much in a 8 month period. I need to some help as I have another 10-12 months left on this contract

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I have had this phones for 4 months. I AM ABOUT TO THROW THIS PHONE IN THE TRASH... EVEN A HOMELESS WOULDNT WANT IT. HELP ME PPC GEEKS. I thought I would get used to it. NO

I also have the task manager to exit application on the X button. Sprint told me that would help make it more stable, but no luck after I went home.

The Problems I am Having.
1. Devices freezes if left on over night or just randomly. MOST ANNOYING PROBLEM
2. Text Messages get dropped after performing a soft reset because device freezes.
3. Email can only sync every 5 minutes.
4. The device becomes sluggish for not apparent reason. <- its windows what do you expect
5. The device spazs when turning on and off because I responds to slowly.
6. No picture SMS (Sprints Fault)

Good Things
1. Love it after a soft reset which I would still run like that 10 min later.
2. Great phone if it would work
3. GPS with Google Maps

Why am I having so many issues. I have never customized ROM or anything and I bought this phone new from Sprint. I have ROM 3.35.651.2 dates 2/22/08 Radio 3.35.04 downloaded from Sprint. Only 2 programs installed Google Maps, and RDcalc Raven Digital (used on 700wx). And 2 emails set up AOL and GMAIL. I sync with Outlook Contacts, Calender, Notes. I have done hard resets multiple times and re flashed the ROM after downloading it from HTC Audiovox site. No help and both files were identical to Sprints.

Can anyone recommended me something? I talk to people with Blackberry and they say there device doesn't even have a soft reset since it doesn't freeze. I have to use this for another 10-12 months.

All I want is to:
Sync with Outlook 2007 (Contacts, Calender, Notes, Task)
A OK Web Browser
Text and Picture Messaging
Can Open Office Files
Email.
STABILITY thats all I want. Nothing more

Thanks
4. The device becomes sluggish for not apparent reason. <- its windows what do you expect
Old 05-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
If you flahsed the official ROM upgrade from Sprint's website it should be good to go, but the fact that your saying these functionality issues occured even with an official ROM..that sounds suspect on Sprint's part to me. I second the second post..I think you have a bad unit and when it starts acting funky again I would march to the Sprint Store where you purchased it and stake out there until a manager comes. Also I would flash the ROM until I got to the multi color bootloader screen and then take it back, because Sprint has a policy few customers know about. They can not allow you to leave the store with your phone not functioning if they have your device in stock at that particular store. Good luck.
well that doesn't make any seance, cuz if you don't have any insurce they tell you bye bye get insurce looser lol
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
well that doesn't make any seance, cuz if you don't have any insurce they tell you bye bye get insurce looser lol

HUH????????????????????
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

too bad you are having so much trouble. You could also join Success1000's click and switch to a Touch... LOL

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
too bad you are having so much trouble. You could also join Success1000's click and switch to a Touch... LOL

this is SSSPPPPPPAAAAARRRTTTTTTAAAAAAA!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Sero

brianb is a n00b

Former Mogul user here as well..

I too got frustrated with the constant issues..it seemed like I was always waiting for the next official or beta rom..then I was always waiting for the next hacked rom..then, again, waiting for a new official/beta rom..on and on and on. My main gripes with the phone were never fixed, though more features kept being added.

Eventually, I had enough. Sold my mogul on ebay. Bought a Palm Centro.

The Centro's not as flashy as the Mogul, it lacks GPS and WiFi. But you know what? It's fast as hell. It never crashes. I get threaded SMS built in, and easy as heck to use MMS. Blazer (the web browser) isn't perfect, but it beats the crap out of PIE. Sprint TV works straight away, email and IM included.

I couldn't be happier. The Centro works beautifully - I only wish I had changed sooner.

Now, I will say I do miss the PPC community..I lurk here all the time now, just hoping/waiting for a new phone to bring me back! On that list is the HTC Raphael and the Palm 800W. We'll see how these phones fare, though I have a feeling they may both dissappoint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan