PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stylus falling out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26826)

jgirvine 05-17-2008 02:21 PM

Stylus falling out

all of a sudden my stylus just falls out of my mogul.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

divxrippimp 05-17-2008 02:38 PM

Re: Stylus falling out

Open the back, and where the stylus goes in there should be a small hole with a rubber plug, if the rubber piece is gone you will just have to use tape...

Just take a single 1"-1.25" long piece of scotch tape and cut it down the center so its half as wide, then wrap that around the base of the pen 1/4" above the black tip, that should fix it... as for getting another rubber plug, i never looked...

dschoenike 05-17-2008 03:01 PM

Or, take out the battery, and there's a little part on the inside wall that gets worn out. (you cant miss it) Fold up a tiny piece of paper and have it wedged between that piece and the battery when you put it back in. That'll definately make the stylus stay in. It tightens up the stylus slot. dschoenike

dbigdawg 05-17-2008 03:28 PM

Easiest fix I have is to bend the shaft of the stylus slightly to create tension against the side wall of the stylus port.

dschoenike 05-17-2008 03:36 PM

i really think folding up the paper and just putting it between the the battery and and that little part that flexes along the inner-wall, works very well. Just my opinion :)

TrueArsenic 05-17-2008 04:56 PM

lol just what i needed! I was just gonna post something about this exact thing.. Thanks to all you guys.. huge help!

scottmail 05-17-2008 08:19 PM

I have been using the tape idea in post #2 for months. Works great and even gives you a little grip on the tip.

jjlwork 05-17-2008 10:36 PM

I had the same problem and I just returned it under warranty, it is a manufacturers defect after all.

jfolliard 05-18-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divxrippimp (Post 286135)
Open the back, and where the stylus goes in there should be a small hole with a rubber plug, if the rubber piece is gone you will just have to use tape...

Just take a single 1"-1.25" long piece of scotch tape and cut it down the center so its half as wide, then wrap that around the base of the pen 1/4" above the black tip, that should fix it... as for getting another rubber plug, i never looked...

sorry but I don't see where the rubber plug is suppose to be. Is it above the lapel, near the top left hand corner of the battery slot? Can you describe it's precise location a little more?

thanks.

Jack

mestup 05-18-2008 10:16 PM

ive had the problem where my stylus doesnt extend when i pull it out... and i can see that the rubber plug is not in right.. how exactly do i open up the phone to fix it?