PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Connection Sharing with Vista

Maybe you are Lsme420, lol. I tried that and it still doesn't work... ugh.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

Do you have the Phone As Modem plan on your account? Phone As Modem is a separate plan and has an extra cost to it - if you don't have that plan, you'll get a username error from the network.

The PAM plan is $39.99 per month, and it replaces your Power Vision plan... so if you pay $20 for unlimited net now, that cost will go from $20 to $39.99.

If you have the Simply Everything plan, Phone As Modem doesn't work with it yet. It will be available for Simply Everything customers on June 15, and is an extra $15 per month.

Hope that helps.

CaptainX2001
Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please note that all opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone; they DO NOT represent the opinions of Sprint Nextel. I am NOT authorized as an official spokesman for Sprint. Any information, answers, or advice I give is based on my knowledge and personal experience. Anything I post on these forums relating to Sprint Nextel is subject to change at any time.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX2001 View Post
Do you have the Phone As Modem plan on your account? Phone As Modem is a separate plan and has an extra cost to it - if you don't have that plan, you'll get a username error from the network.

The PAM plan is $39.99 per month, and it replaces your Power Vision plan... so if you pay $20 for unlimited net now, that cost will go from $20 to $39.99.

If you have the Simply Everything plan, Phone As Modem doesn't work with it yet. It will be available for Simply Everything customers on June 15, and is an extra $15 per month.

Hope that helps.
I tether my laptop through my PPC and I have the Simply Everything plan and I don't have PAM. Also I don't get error 67, either do 100s of other people.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-23-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Lurker

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

PAM is not yet part of Simply Everything, and always has an additional cost to it. If you're not paying any additional cost, definitely don't announce that too much.

If Sprint finds out, they'll block your access.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:24 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry its not a secret. Search Mogul tethering.
So whats up with the 5gb data cap? Sprint 5GB internet cap

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-23-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Interesting. Well, I was able to use ICS before without an issue.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

I haven't really kept up on what the community is doing when it comes to using certain services.

However, I can say that this issue will probably end up like the age-old picture mail disaster - they'll start blocking PAM access from those who don't have the plan before too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened next month when they reconfigure the service to work with Simply Everything.

I can't say what'll happen for sure, but I can say with absolute certainty that if you don't have a PAM plan on your account, you shouldn't be able to access it, and it's likely they'll catch on eventually.

But either way, might as well enjoy it while it lasts

EDIT: Our department has not been updated on the 5GB data cap. It's news to me. I plan to find out more when I go back into work on Saturday - since they usually let us know about stuff like this well in advance if it actually happening. Also, I forgot to mention, that PAM is only effective for those using the Sprint network... if you're using WiFi, that's not Sprint, and you can always do that at no cost.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan