PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul doesn't start ringing until... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26711)

reddhanky 05-16-2008 03:04 AM

Mogul doesn't start ringing until...

after the second ring from the caller... Is this normal for the Mogul? When I dial my land line from my cell phone, the land line rings immediately. However, when I call my Mogul from a land line, it takes almost two full rings before the cell phone starts ringing. If this is not normal, are there any registry settings I need to change?

I am currently using nue rom 5066 with the new radio (3.39, I believe).

Solitaryman 05-16-2008 05:17 AM

Re: Mogul doesn't start ringing until...

I'm curious about this also. I was always curious why sometimes I am unable to answer in time. I tested about three times and the first two times my phone would only get the call after the third ring, which leaves me with barely any time to get the phone if im occupied. Funny thing is...on the third try everything worked fine.

I'm using no2chems 5056 rom cooked using the kitchen.

andrewjb 05-16-2008 12:05 PM

There is a way to improve this for sure. I thought I found it on this site. Here is what I saved, I didn't write these instructions.

1) Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST).
2) You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone.
3) From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

Success100 05-16-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewjb (Post 285101)
There is a way to improve this for sure. I thought I found it on this site. Here is what I saved, I didn't write these instructions.

2) You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone.
3) From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

yeah thats what you need, your slot cycle index determines how frequently your phone polls the towers.

duhtroll 05-16-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

What the heck does (PST) mean? I think I get the process, but what's the abbreviation?

Thanks

Lsme420 05-16-2008 01:37 PM

I change all mine to 0. I've been doing this for years even on my 6700.
* 1,000 th post for this guy.. :)

Shawng2020 05-16-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duhtroll (Post 285174)
What the heck does (PST) mean? I think I get the process, but what's the abbreviation?

Thanks

:sign3:

I'm with duhtroll on this one. But I don't have no clue of what hardly any of that meant. Am I dialing ##778# on the phone and then pressing talk? And what does MSL mean?

I swear you guys make me feel more and more behind on here. :confused:

BUT I DO LOVE THIS SITE THOUGH.\\:D/

Nickles 05-16-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawng2020 (Post 285351)
:sign3:

I'm with duhtroll on this one. But I don't have no clue of what hardly any of that meant. Am I dialing ##778# on the phone and then pressing talk? And what does MSL mean?

I swear you guys make me feel more and more behind on here. :confused:

BUT I DO LOVE THIS SITE THOUGH.\\:D/

well. yes.. you dial ##778, then press the TALK button.
you will then be brought to a screen titled 'EPST'.
you will have the option to 'View', 'Edit', or 'Cancel'..
press the 'Edit' button.
it will then want a 'unlock code'.
enter in '000000' (six zeros) and press 'ok'.

now be careful here, or you will be sorry..
bottom left will be a link 'View Info'.
press it, and a context menu will then display, allowing you to pick from a large list of items.
tap 'Modem Settings'.
you will then be treated to the Modem Settings, dialogue menu.
first item on the menu should be 'Slot Cycle Index'..
this is the number that you'll update.. mine is 2 and i am happy with that.
other people have theirs set to 1, or 0... this number represents the interval at which your phone polls the towers to look for a ping..
when you are done, simply click OK, to exit out of the menus..
you will likely be required to do a soft reset.

hope this helps you..

Lsme420 05-16-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 285368)
well. yes.. you dial ##778, then press the TALK button.

Just dial ##778# no need to press talk on a Sprint phone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 285368)
it will then want a 'unlock code'.
enter in '000000' (six zeros) and press 'ok'.

000000 will not work on Sprint

Look bellow....
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Easiest way on a Sprint Mogul/Touch/Apache is to dial "##data#" = "##3282#" no need to press talk..
Click edit.. Enter your MSL as the password. ( MSL Generator.zip )**
Click on the bottom left "View info" and choose "Advanced".
4th line down from the top is "Slot cycle index".
Hold on it and edit. Change to 0 or 1.................
I use 0...
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

**Edit You can also call Sprint for your MSL#. They are specific to every Sprint PPC.

Post #3 great first post but could be a bit confusing.

Nickles 05-16-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 285376)
Just dial ##778# no need to press talk on a Sprint phone.

With Sprint you need your MSL 000000 will not work.
(MSL Generator.. MSL Generator.zip)

my bad.. i shall just excuse myself from the conversation then.
<slinking off stage to the left>