PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Backup and Mogul

Hey guys, I got a new mogul the other day through insurance because of water damage to my old mogul. I made sure to download SPB backup as I had heard it was the best and would do everything I needed it to. I did a full backup to my storage card on the old mogul and then a full restore back from the same storage card onto the new device. Everything seemed fine until I went to sync my phone via bluetooth to my car.....I received an error that said "Problem with Bluetooth hardware."

I performed a hard reset on the phone without doing the full restore and went to sync my mogul with the same bluetooth device and it worked fine without any errors. Anybody have experience with this issue? If not, anyone know what might be happening because I really would like to have my backup so that I can take advantage of various reg edits and programs made on the old phone so that I would not have to sit down and re-do them on my new phone. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bgeezy723; 05-16-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC WP7 Arrive

jloden78 is keeping up the good workjloden78 is keeping up the good work
Re: SPB Backup and Mogul

i had a similar problem with this. Make sure that you delete the old phone from the car's registry first. Think the backup has backed up the settings for the bluetooth also
Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloden78 View Post
i had a similar problem with this. Make sure that you delete the old phone from the car's registry first. Think the backup has backed up the settings for the bluetooth also
How do I make it not backup the bluetooth settings? Did you solve the problem?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No one has ever dealt with this I take it???
Old 05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Were they the same ROM version? Old device and new device.

If they weren't and you did a full restore including all files and registry keys, it's possible you could have broken something software wise in the new mogul.

I had a similar issue, except mine was with the dialer. I restored a backup of a very custom rom to a normal sprint build and everything seemed to work ok except for the dialer. The custom rom had custom dialer skins, and restoring it to the Sprint Rom broke that feature.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 05-18-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Were they the same ROM version? Old device and new device.

If they weren't and you did a full restore including all files and registry keys, it's possible you could have broken something software wise in the new mogul.

I had a similar issue, except mine was with the dialer. I restored a backup of a very custom rom to a normal sprint build and everything seemed to work ok except for the dialer. The custom rom had custom dialer skins, and restoring it to the Sprint Rom broke that feature.
Yes I did a full restore and the ROM versions were different. That makes sense though. When you say "broken something" do you mean permanently or if I did a hard restore it would work fine?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

It didn't break anything permanently. Just do another hard reset and install your apps back one at a time since the backup is overwriting the new ROM's window files with the older back up. I recommend only restore PIM, Email, Documents with the backup.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
It didn't break anything permanently. Just do another hard reset and install your apps back one at a time since the backup is overwriting the new ROM's window files with the older back up. I recommend only restore PIM, Email, Documents with the backup.
Thanks, I will try that and let you know how it goes.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Everything seems to be working fine. I was able to pair my bluetooth to my pc without getting the error I spoke of earlier. Also, I forgot to mention that my camera would not work after the full restore, but it is working fine now. Thanks alot!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan