PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/)
-   -   SPB Backup and Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/26704-spb-backup-mogul.html)

bgeezy723 05-16-2008 12:11 AM

SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Hey guys, I got a new mogul the other day through insurance because of water damage to my old mogul. I made sure to download SPB backup as I had heard it was the best and would do everything I needed it to. I did a full backup to my storage card on the old mogul and then a full restore back from the same storage card onto the new device. Everything seemed fine until I went to sync my phone via bluetooth to my car.....I received an error that said "Problem with Bluetooth hardware."

I performed a hard reset on the phone without doing the full restore and went to sync my mogul with the same bluetooth device and it worked fine without any errors. Anybody have experience with this issue? If not, anyone know what might be happening because I really would like to have my backup so that I can take advantage of various reg edits and programs made on the old phone so that I would not have to sit down and re-do them on my new phone. Thanks in advance!

jloden78 05-16-2008 12:29 AM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
i had a similar problem with this. Make sure that you delete the old phone from the car's registry first. Think the backup has backed up the settings for the bluetooth also

bgeezy723 05-16-2008 08:34 AM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jloden78 (Post 284738)
i had a similar problem with this. Make sure that you delete the old phone from the car's registry first. Think the backup has backed up the settings for the bluetooth also

How do I make it not backup the bluetooth settings? Did you solve the problem?

bgeezy723 05-17-2008 11:39 AM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
No one has ever dealt with this I take it???

SporkLover 05-17-2008 02:23 PM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Were they the same ROM version? Old device and new device.

If they weren't and you did a full restore including all files and registry keys, it's possible you could have broken something software wise in the new mogul.

I had a similar issue, except mine was with the dialer. I restored a backup of a very custom rom to a normal sprint build and everything seemed to work ok except for the dialer. The custom rom had custom dialer skins, and restoring it to the Sprint Rom broke that feature.

bgeezy723 05-18-2008 05:46 PM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 286127)
Were they the same ROM version? Old device and new device.

If they weren't and you did a full restore including all files and registry keys, it's possible you could have broken something software wise in the new mogul.

I had a similar issue, except mine was with the dialer. I restored a backup of a very custom rom to a normal sprint build and everything seemed to work ok except for the dialer. The custom rom had custom dialer skins, and restoring it to the Sprint Rom broke that feature.

Yes I did a full restore and the ROM versions were different. That makes sense though. When you say "broken something" do you mean permanently or if I did a hard restore it would work fine?

aznmode 05-19-2008 08:01 PM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
It didn't break anything permanently. Just do another hard reset and install your apps back one at a time since the backup is overwriting the new ROM's window files with the older back up. I recommend only restore PIM, Email, Documents with the backup.

bgeezy723 05-20-2008 01:38 AM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 288578)
It didn't break anything permanently. Just do another hard reset and install your apps back one at a time since the backup is overwriting the new ROM's window files with the older back up. I recommend only restore PIM, Email, Documents with the backup.

Thanks, I will try that and let you know how it goes.

bgeezy723 05-20-2008 10:36 AM

Re: SPB Backup and Mogul
 
Everything seems to be working fine. I was able to pair my bluetooth to my pc without getting the error I spoke of earlier. Also, I forgot to mention that my camera would not work after the full restore, but it is working fine now. Thanks alot!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0