PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800
Carrier: US Cellular

duhtroll is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone doesn't ring

OK, I have searched a bit and need a little guidance.

My wife's phone does not ring when I call her. Well, rarely. I was able to leave 11 straight voice messages while her ringer was on and sitting on the couch next to her -- no ring.

It seems that when the phone is "asleep" (display, that is) it does not always receive calls. Mostly from me, but sometimes from other phones also.

This is a USCC PPC 6800, and their "tech support" has given me only the following suggestions:

1) *228 send (updates the roaming list or something) - have done this every couple weeks even our old Razrs and always end up having to do it again later, if it even does anything

2) Turn the phone off for a minute every day - we already soft reset once every day or two so I don't see this helping any.

3) Bring the phone in

I'd rather have people that know something take a crack at it, first before taking it to USCC.

Is this a slot cycle problem? I don't want to start messing with settings unless I know what the problem is first.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 AM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Phone doesn't ring

What is the status of the data connection when this happens?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

B1zzybone2000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Phone doesn't ring

did tech. support have you do a profile update,,or data update,,,,if not get the lock code,,,from customer support,,then dial ##3282# it will bring up youre (EPST) click on Edit,,enter youre lock code ,,,and do a restore.....this should fix youre problem,,,,,if not just reprogram the phone with the lock code,,,,,then ,,,do a (OTA) follow this steps,,click on,,,1.start 2. setting 3. phone 4. services 5. scroll down to Internet 6. click on (get Setting) 7. click on start ,,, wait till it finish and youre done (OTA) youre phone...pm is you have any questions

Last edited by B1zzybone2000; 05-18-2008 at 03:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan