PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems w/ Internet Sharing

I just recently upgraded to the new "official" sprint rom using the Titan 3.49 kitchen with the 3.39 radio (i was running the No2Chem 5060 kitchen before) and now i can't seem to get my internet sharing to work.....i had this problem once before when i took my phone in for repairs and they gave me a replacement and the replacement was just running sprint's first rev a and gps enabled rom (can't remeber which exact rom it was) and internet sharing wouldn't work either....at first i though it was just a problem with my account so i called sprint and spoke to a level 2 tech guy and he told me that since i was on the $99 everything plan that internet sharing wasn't included...i told him that i found that hard to believe because earlier that day before i got my phones swapped i was using internet sharing with no problem....so he told me to hold on and he checked and seen that i was using it.....then he proceeded to explain how they have been trying to find out how to get internet sharing to work on the plans and they haven't been able to figure it out...he also said that my old phone must of had a work around and that i got lucky and once he said that i though "it must be a work around in these customs roms and the stock roms from sprint must not have it" so i told him thank you and hung up....right after i upgraded back to no2chem 5060 rom and BAM internet sharing worked again like i never lost it......but now i ugraded from that rom to the new Titan 3.49 kitchen and in isn't working again which would make my theory on sprint rom's and custom rom's true....but now my question is what is the work around??????? I can easily go back to the 5060 kitchen or wait for the 5066 basekit but i actually like this new spint rom 3.49 it's so fast and stable.....SO CAN ANYBODY HELP ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Re: Problems w/ Internet Sharing

after posting this in a few spots some kind people over here at PPC geeks were able to help me out and heres the fix:

Those of you running Sprint ROMs should navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing" and delete the string value named "Extension". This will allow you to connect to the Internet via the "Internet Sharing" app without the dreaded error 67/authentication errors.

be sure to do a soft reset so the changes can take place and BOOM there u go working internet sharing
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Problems w/ Internet Sharing

problem solved

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan