PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Right Or Wrong
Its ok since your helping someone 21 65.63%
Its wrong because its not your work 4 12.50%
Its Kinda 50/50 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

Yearziro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Need peoples feedback......

Alright please go easy with the flaming......

So i got a mogul a couple weeks ago and i read most of the tutorials here and i was able to add roms and tweak out my phone so when i went to work i set my phone down and my co-worker picked up the phone and saw the Customized ROM i had on it and asked how i did it.

so i told them and of course it was like speaking russian to someone who can barely understand english i saw he eyes start to gloss over and the smoke coming out of his ears well to make an already long story short i put the rom on the phone for him rather then have him brick his phone or have to walk him through it on the phone so now a couple other people

Well now like 5 people i know want me to put **** on there phones and are willing to pay i know this could be immoral in some eyes but in others its just a couple bucks like 10 or 20 for the time spent putting the roms on the phone and explaining everything to them so is this right or wrong
Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Re: I Need peoples feedback......

I think you should not charge the person for the ROM as it is not your work but if you can successfully set up the phone the way the person wants it, then it is reasonable to charge something for your time. Then, you should drop a portion of that to the author of the ROM or to PPCgeeks.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

as long as you dont claim that the rom isnt personally yours unless you personally made some stuff and added to your rom but your using someone elses rom or using one made with the kitchen then give credit where credit is due. maybe you could try donating some of that money to the makers of the rom.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I say a little donation to the creator of the software, from what you get, is all good.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I would tell them you can do it. Like another poster said: They pay you you $20. $10 to you and $10 to the ROM author.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

show them the site and make them figure it out for themselves. link them with the stickies on how to update there phone and which rom you used. Its not rocket science.

If they are just plain lazy, take their money for your time. Donate some of it to the rom architects.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

This is fine in my eyes there paying for a service of you doing it for them...
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Your services for loading their phone may be compensated in return for your personal knowledge. But also remember where you got that knowledge from. Since it seems you have a conscious, the following is from wideawakes sig...if you wanna donate a portion to this site for helping you with your new knowledge...and to help ppcgeeks help you in continuing your ongoing personal developement....click below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideawake
Been helped here? Wanna help us? Click here.
edit: Yeah...I think it is ok...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 05-20-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Threadstarter

Yearziro is a n00b

Thanks for the people who have so far replied....

I was thinking about donating a part of whatever i get from helping these people to the authors of the ROMS and hopefully one day i could gain enough knowledge to actually make/cook my own ROMS because it is fairly simple i think that some people just look at the steps and are detered

Also if a MOD HAPPENS to see this could i donate with E-GOLD i dont have a paypal account i got screwed over and paypal wants me to pay them back
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
show them the site and make them figure it out for themselves. link them with the stickies on how to update there phone and which rom you used. Its not rocket science.

If they are just plain lazy, take their money for your time. Donate some of it to the rom architects.
some people arent comfortable with this stuff i did a whole bunch of reading and had a great desire for gps before i ever flashed a rom for my first time. it would be a greater service to make someones phone they want it suggest them to the site and maybe they will become comfortable in doing such a thing for themselves. but if he will do this for them then take half of his profits and donate them to the rom builders then im sure the rom builders will be happy because there are getting in some more income for there work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan