PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Known Sources of Memory Leaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26580)

subhumanderelict 05-14-2008 07:42 PM

Known Sources of Memory Leaks

First off, in addition to addressing my problem below, I think it would be nice to have a thread where people can post the names of programs (or combinations thereof) which they know to be the root of memory leaks. As it stands, the threads seem rather scattered, and even the search function doesn’t make things much easier.

I’ve been noticing a memory leak on my Mogul (shocker, huh?). I’ll start up with roughly 24-24.5MB of RAM, but after opening and closing a few programs, I’ll drop down to around 16-17MB. Using Oxios, I can get this back up to around 22MB. However, by the end of the day, even after running Oxios, the most I can free up is 19MB. I am running the latest stock Sprint ROM and just recently performed a hard reset.

Back on my Q, Qtasks was usually the culprit which caused these leaks. I’m not sure what the equivalent on the Mogul is, if there is any. I’ve been reading about SKTools, anyone have anything good to say about that?

Here is a list of the programs I have installed pretty much exactly as they appear in the “Remove Programs” list (looking at this list, I’m surprised the thing runs at all…):

FTouchSL
Pointui Home (I don’t use this very often)
Oxios Memory
SomeGuy sMMS
Lokmeup IE Slow Scroll Fix
TCPMP
Skunkworks FlashVideoBundle
Sprint PictureMail Site Hack
JUVS HTC Network Plugin
PocketCM Keyboard 0.14
WMWifiRouter 0.91
HTC Album
Google Maps
CodyPPC Camera2
PPCGeeks UnlockPhoneHack

On a possibly related note, my phone will sometimes not vibrate or sound an alert when I receive a text message. I’ll go into the audio settings and make sure the right audio file is selected, but even then, all it will sometimes do is activate the screen without sound. Originally, I thought it may have something to do with the 1600 text messages in the “Inbox” and “Sent Items” folders, but I’ve had more in there before and didn’t have this problem.

PropagandaX 05-14-2008 08:15 PM

Re: Known Sources of Memory Leaks

HTC Home - Memory Leak

dearls 05-14-2008 10:58 PM

LOL like the list and the comment about it running at all, and I am also very amazed that mine even turns on and runs
heres my list of installed
Ready.........1........2.......3......

htc streaming blueray player
flash player7
extreme agenda
tcpmp cor player
spb phone suite
pocketcm
mundu radio
realone player
spacer2
jbed with opera mini
vito sms chat
pointsoft sniffi
monopoly
texas holdem
phoneycall
filebaracade locker
btaudio
realone player
vito audio notes touch
pie for ie
skyfire browser (which kinda sucks)
pocket lobster tunes
divx player
logmein himachi
softick card export2
spb finance
dwizzys simple iphone theme
mito team paint
pointui
poorlyduck dialer
pockettoolman
ac s2v
webcamera plus
spb gprs monitor
spb pocket plus
cleartemp
pocket digital clock
rc mod 2.1
findster wm6
google maps
live search
mmssize hack
expense diary
musicid
acrsoft mms
resco photo,file explorer & registry
and finally weather watcher
..........PHEW......... that only took 5 minutes to input here LOL
used many more but dontlikeem all (htc home) I like it but the memory leak problem just pisses me off...

dearls 05-14-2008 11:01 PM

Holy **** I didnt even realize all the stuff i had on here till i typed this out!!!!!
and have it all installed on main memory with 64488k free space to go and my free memory runs at around 15-20mb free
watch lots of movies and listen to music so my 2gig card is full as well......
Cant wait for the diamond to come out cause I will for sure upgrade to that!

subhumanderelict 05-15-2008 12:04 AM

Mother of God... Dearls, why? If I were to run a fraction of that list, my phone would make Chernobyl look like a slightly melted candle. Haha... Thanks for posting though! It makes me feel a little better. Are you running a custom ROM or stock?

dearls 05-15-2008 10:12 AM

LOL why? just because i can LOL I am running the stock rom right from verizon.
Am interested in trying a new rom but dont seem to ever have the time to sit down and do it, besides i would ony do it to get gps and just dont seem worth the trouble since i can run what i do now..... i dont know maybe one day, maybe not... like i said as soon as that htc diamond hits the shelf i do believe i will grab it. looks like one hellava piece of hardware.

rgv_warrior 05-15-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearls (Post 283446)
LOL like the list and the comment about it running at all, and I am also very amazed that mine even turns on and runs
heres my list of installed
Ready.........1........2.......3......

htc streaming blueray player
flash player7
extreme agenda
tcpmp cor player
spb phone suite
pocketcm
mundu radio
realone player
spacer2
jbed with opera mini
vito sms chat
pointsoft sniffi
monopoly
texas holdem
phoneycall
filebaracade locker
btaudio
realone player
vito audio notes touch
pie for ie
skyfire browser (which kinda sucks)
pocket lobster tunes
divx player
logmein himachi
softick card export2
spb finance
dwizzys simple iphone theme
mito team paint
pointui
poorlyduck dialer
pockettoolman
ac s2v
webcamera plus
spb gprs monitor
spb pocket plus
cleartemp
pocket digital clock
rc mod 2.1
findster wm6
google maps
live search
mmssize hack
expense diary
musicid
acrsoft mms
resco photo,file explorer & registry
and finally weather watcher
..........PHEW......... that only took 5 minutes to input here LOL
used many more but dontlikeem all (htc home) I like it but the memory leak problem just pisses me off...

You are truly a master of many softwares. I just wonder how you fit everything into your device. I think that a lot of us are like this. Sort of PackGeeks. We never throw anything away whether digital or physical. lol.

Rockfshr 05-15-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgv_warrior (Post 284530)
You are truly a master of many softwares. I just wonder how you fit everything into your device. I think that a lot of us are like this. Sort of PackGeeks. We never throw anything away whether digital or physical. lol.

LOL PackGeeks, I like that, my cab file folder keeps growing and growing.:headbang:

bkhoste 05-15-2008 09:42 PM

So it is safe to say that every program cause memory leak? LOL With the size of this list it kind of looks that way to me.

PropagandaX 05-16-2008 07:57 AM

I think windows mobile is a memory leak.